Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Need help being 100% raw
Posted by: Tadey ()
Date: April 05, 2009 03:26PM

I really need help guys.I been 100% raw for 7 seven days then I had a slip up. So now I'm on my 8th day . I'm type 2 diabetic. I been trying to have a green smoothie 2x a day. Can I mix melons with a green smoothies.

PS. I'm trying to learn when I mess up to just jump back on the band wagon. And that it's ok to start the next day.

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Need help being 100% raw
Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: April 05, 2009 03:57PM

Hi Tadey - totally forgive yourself for any slips. I have been all through this myself and the one thing that i learnt but don't always practise is - why wait for the next day to get back on the wagon - for me this thinking allows myself the rest of the day to 'slip up'.

I'm not very sure about all the rules of food combining i tend to do what works for me. I do know that many people say that melon should be eaten on it's own - not even with other fruit but preferably first.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: April 05, 2009 07:00PM

I had a green smoothie with cantalope juice, not whole cantalope, and I was fine. It just depends on the person, though. Do whatever sounds good, and if it doesn't sound good the next day or it made you bloated, try something else. It's okay; we're all a work-in-progress. smiling smiley

Posted by: tropical ()
Date: April 05, 2009 07:02PM

Don't worry Tadey, I think that most people, the vast majority of raw fooders in fact, are less than 100% raw. Raw is a skill that takes some time and practice to learn.

I wouldn't mix melons with smoothies, melons need to be eaten by themselves because they digest right away and they will disrupt the digestion of other foods that they are eaten with.

Congrats on going raw! Are you following the book, "There is a Cure for Diabetes?"

Posted by: Dirawk ()
Date: April 06, 2009 01:02AM

its helpful to think that when heat(fire) is applied to food it instantly becomes an addictive substance, which causes people to become a slave to their food. its a drug and you have the choice to not be subjected to it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables