Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Has ANYONE heard of this guy? I hadn't. Markus Rothkranz....?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 05, 2009 11:29PM

It makes me giggle at the sheer cheesiness of it, but at the same time it also quite inspires me. I'd never heard about him, even after years of involving myself on the edges of the raw food movement. Interesting. I wonder if others have heard about this man. Maybe we should spread the word, I'm sure if we did at least one more person would go raw as a result.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3xOU2tLl7g&fmt=18

He doesn't even have a Wikipedia article, which is strange for someone doing something like this and apparently well-known. Hmm. It's all quite strange really.

But in any case I enjoyed it, cheesiness aside: the people interviewed were pretty cool to listen to. And Markus said some things in some great emphatic ways: "...this is FOOD!!!" etc, all well said -- succinct but with a high impact, straight to the point. So yeah, once I ignore the cheesiness, I thought it was pretty inspiring overall smiling smiley

What do you think?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Has ANYONE heard of this guy? I hadn't. Markus Rothkranz....?
Posted by: arugula ()
Date: April 06, 2009 03:34AM

Too much plastic surgery.

A pathological addiction to tanning for cosmetic purposes.

Too much sodium hypochlorite.

Really low class presentation.

Posted by: debbietook ()
Date: April 06, 2009 04:51AM

Actually, Markus did get quite a lot of publicity a year or so ago, and he's spoken at Raw Spirit Festival, Sedona last couple of years.

'Cheesy' or not, I remember showing Markus's raw food video to husband and son a year ago and it definitely helped to get the message through to them. Very motivational!

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: April 06, 2009 07:24AM

yeah, i hairrd about him through the grapevine

i guess the video that u posted says it all

GO
RAW

he does indeed look better now than he did 2 decades ago

more importantly, the dude has spunk

whereas it seemed impossible for him to have any spunk prior since he had so many health problems

yeah... it is a bit cheesy but so what?

the message is so simple really that it is kind of hard to "entertain" people

so , i guess he does a kind of a decent job

i mean.. like... that can't be an easy job to get people all excited about eating stuff from the earth

and do it in a SHAKIRA like fashion LOLsmiling smiley

more power to him

hey... whatever it takes to spread peace on the planet

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: April 06, 2009 07:58AM

I just had to grin all the way through - what a laugh. Of course the guy is hilarious BUT - he is reaching far more people than i do and it looks like people are really enjoying it - half the battle won - so........ good on him.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: April 06, 2009 01:36PM

la_veronique,

Um, rather more Siegfried and Roy than Shakira, methinks : )

He does get the word out, HOWEVER, as arugula mentioned he's kinda unreal looking. To each his own, I suppose, and I really don't wish to disparage, but I don't know if the real meaning of his message penetrates through the antic spray-tan flash. It's a huge turnoff to people like me, who are cerebral and not prone to sycophancy. I prefer less yelling and more talking.

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: April 06, 2009 02:39PM

I love it. The message is great. All people are different and I think he will be reaching a lot of different people. There are some pretty convincing examples of success.

I heard of him when we went to the Raw Spirit Fest two years ago. I didn't see him speak though.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables