Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

juicefeasting and juicefeasting.com
Posted by: cocoa_nibs ()
Date: April 06, 2009 06:31AM

I'd like to hear about your experiences with juice feasting. What procedures/literature etc can you recommend? personal experiences?

And for those who know the juicefeasting.com site - I'd love to get your review - was the site helpful? I just signed up for it, am not unlocked yet.

Thanks!
Nibs

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: juicefeasting and juicefeasting.com
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: April 06, 2009 03:03PM

Hi Nibs,

Juice feasting is very expensive if you do it according to their specifications, because they recommend a lot of supplements. I've participated in the site (I have a web page there) but when I juice fast I skip the oils, vitamins, minerals, powdered greens, etc. and just go for the juice. I like the community though, and it's kind of motivating to put your juicing diary online and sharing your experiences with people.

I tried juicing 'their' way one time only-- should have known better, because I've enjoyed success with several unsupplemented long juice fasts in the past-- and after less than 2 weeks I was extremely hungry. In my opinion, the supplements that are added to the juice-- especially the oils and powders-- are 'food' and will just cause a craving for more food, and limit detoxification. However, for newbies who are still transitioning to raw, I think the juice feasting concept might be a very good one.

Next time I do a juice fast I'm going to just do mostly carrot juice and vegetables, with some greens like celery. Carrot-ginger juice is one of my staples on a juice fast.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: cocoa_nibs ()
Date: April 06, 2009 09:28PM

Hi Kwan, funny, I was thinking about skipping those parts (powders, supplements, oils, bee pollen), too. I do need to take an Omega supplement, but Ill just take my own (Fuhrman's purity). My last lipid panel made my Doc say she was worried I'd be able to make my own hormones with cholesterol (?) levels so low. Im a little concerned about travelling, may bring green powder for the trip.

Did you make fruit juices as well? How much juice a day did you consume?

And how is your music going smiling smiley?

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: April 08, 2009 04:08AM

Hi cocoa-nibs!
I don't think the omega supplement will be a problem for you at all-- I know another juice faster on this board who always takes omega-3 supplements (vegan ones) when he juice fasts. One great thing about juice fasting: after awhile your instinct and intuition kicks in really strong and you will KNOW what you need. :-)

I love fruit juices, and I have a real thing for cantaloupe juice this year; also grapefruit. I try to be careful with sweet juices on a juice fast, however, and have mostly vegetable juices, because when I'm fasting I want to lose weight, and vegetable juices are better for that, at least in my case. My plan for my next juice fast is to have approximately 80% vegetable juices and 20% fruit juices, and stop drinking them around 4pm every day for a few hours of super-detoxification.

My music's been evolving; I'm expanding my horizons and I'm enjoying myself a lot! I'm in a jazz band and I've just landed a spot in another r & b/jazz fusion type of band where I may get to sing a little (eek!) as well as play flutes. But I'm especially excited about my newest project of playing (solo flute) jazz tunes in the subway and street over a backing track-- a great, fun way to make money while practicing. I'm teaching myself to scat sing; never imagined till recently that I'd want to do that, but it's a blast.

Thanks for asking... are you a musician too, perchance? I know we have a lot of musicians on the board, but I lose track of who does what after awhile.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 08, 2009 02:38PM

Thanks a lot for this info you two. smiling smiley

I have just started juice fasting with a recipe that does, in fact, cause one to experience hunger (not necessarily in a bad way, but hunger nonetheless), and I thought that was normal (and appreciate learning that it is not).

I hear you on instincts kicking in...and have recently added a spoon of olive oil and vinegar.

Anyways, many thanks for the tips. smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables