Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

ACNE Rosacea and SCARRING HELP!!!!!!!!!! sad smiley
Posted by: benetgirl ()
Date: April 01, 2009 08:29PM

Hi,

Haven't posted in a while ... still trying to balance out my raw food diet.... (somedays better than others) but I still have one problem.. ACNE ROSACEA... It's getting better as I'm really trying to stay away from certain foods when i cheat.... like pizza and alcohol after a night out!!! i know... but

2 glasses of wine will trigger it like crazy...!!!! so I've been juicing to control it, am doin soon a gallbladder/liver flush.. had a good week of pure raw food...and redness isn't even diminishing!

BUT.. how do you get Rid of the ACNE SCARS and redness??? I look horrible... Even natural makeup will not cover it. sad smiley

FYI-I use aloe vera every night on my face, do papaya masks.... use grapefruit peels... all the natural remedies... but scarring is still there and deep red/purple...
HELP??? And any advice on Acne Rosacea???

Kind Regards to you all,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2009 08:35PM by benetgirl.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: ACNE Rosacea and SCARRING HELP!!!!!!!!!! sad smiley
Posted by: doghouse reilly ()
Date: April 01, 2009 09:37PM

I have seen a low fat diet (as in, no overt fats) clear up this condition. It can take time.

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: April 02, 2009 02:46AM

[ any advice on Acne Rosacea???]

If you are referring to discolorations, those aren't real scars. They will heal with time. The dents are what don't go away. If you don't have dents, count your blessings.

Are you using any products on your face? Stop. But sunscreen, one that you tolerate, will be helpful. Patch test first.

Wear a hat and protect your face from the sun.

Also mild acids will help to exfoliate, but the lotion/cream forms might aggravate it. I would ask a derm for a mild alcohol-based retin-a gel and a rosacea-approved sunscreen recommendation.

Cutis. 2004 Sep;74(3 Suppl):13-6, 32-4.Links
Ultraviolet light and rosacea.

Murphy G.
Department of Dermatology, Beaumont Hospital, Dublin, Ireland.

The general consensus among clinicians is that rosacea is a photoaggravated disorder. Pathophysiologic processes induced by UV radiation, which are processes similar to those seen in photoaging, contribute to the signs and symptoms of rosacea. Because of the purported role of solar radiation, clinicians may want to use photosensitizing antibiotics with discretion in patients with rosacea. In addition to topical and oral therapy for rosacea, clinicians should recommend that patients use sunscreens or sunblocks (inorganic chemicals such as zinc oxide or titanium dioxide).
PMID: 15499753 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE

Don't eat or drink your triggers. Your high antioxidant raw diet will help you heal faster and make your skin more tolerant.

Date: April 06, 2009 03:30PM

I have deep red and purple discolorations I think.....

How long for them to go away???

I use bare minerals as makeup... I HAVE TO WEAR MAKEUP!!! I use desert essence to cleanse my face, and ELive three face cream... or this egyptyian honey wax cream when my face gets really dry...... and sometimes witch hazel.... other than that I use all fruits to scub my face... I also occasionaly use honey and sugar to scrub... is that bad???

Also.. u recommended retinol..... I used it before and made my face really red and aggrevated... but isn't the whole purpose of going raw to avoid these hars creams???? sad smiley

ALSO: I have like 3-4 acne/cystic acne on my left side of the cheek... for months.. that dont go away... it's like a volcano... they hybrate there... WHY IS THAT??? and its usyally the left side of my cheek thats aggrevated with cystic acne.... Any aanswers???

Thank you,
smiling smiley

Posted by: ruby ()
Date: April 06, 2009 05:02PM

benetgirl,

I am not an expert, but it sounds that you overscrub with different products, and make the problem even worse. You have to calm down, meditate and send positive thoughts to your body. Ask yourself why do you have to drink wine (or eat certain food) if you know for sure that will trigger the breakouts. Yoga can be very positive approach, and may help you set yourself on a path of healing.

If you are planning to do liver and gallbladder cleanse, make sure that you detox your colon first, as well as kidneys. Do not rush into anything, be patient. We are here to help the best we can, and to give each other support.

I tried Bare Minerals, and my skin HATED IT! I truly believe that all that craze with "natural makeup" is just a scam. I could be wrong, time will tell.

A visit to a good cosmetologist (research first!) can help a lot.

Hope this helps.

Regards, Ruby

Date: April 06, 2009 06:01PM

Thanks Ruby,

I'm actualy going to a yoga class tnt.. and have started taking stretching classes to relax.... makeup.. i need to wear it... otherwise my rosacea and cysts look horrible.... ugly.. nasty.... sad smiley

I alredy did the gallbladder.. not much came out.. and than I read that u need to the parasite cleanse and kidnney cleanse first... ayayaya...... I think I'm gonna post this up.... to get more advise before I mess this up even more...

Kind regards,
benetgirl smiling smiley

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: April 06, 2009 11:30PM

benetgirl,

I don't think natural makeups are a "scam" provided they are really natural. Conventional makeup is toxins, plain and simple. I switched to Larenim and Jane Iredale mineral makeup because Bare Minerals did not agree with my skin and I suspect it had particulate contaminants in it--not "natural" after all. My skin likes these brands because they're cleaner. As mentioned, overworking your skin with different cleansers sends it into allergic pandemonium. Have you tried using something really gentle, like something from Mychelle Dermaceuticals or Aubrey's? I had been prone to acne in my eartly twenties, and tried lots of harsh drugstore stuff, which stripped my skin, and natural health food store prodcuts, which also stripped my skin, though not as severely. Now I wash with Dr. Bronner's liquid rose oil soap that I dilute with filtered water, and my skin is getting better and better. I also make my own raw honey and sea salt face scrub, but perhaps just crystalized honey as a masque would work well for you. As for cystic acne, this can be a symptom of candidiasis or other imbalance in intestinal flora. Work on your digestion[stress affects your gut as well as your skin, so Ruby's yoga advice was good], and on loading up on alkalizing foods, and you should see results. Good luck!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 08, 2009 05:52AM

Hi benetgirl ,

Sorry to hear about the skin problems. I had a similar problem. I ate raw for one year, while my problems got better they didn't go away.

I then started doing some cleansing and detoxification things, such as juice fasting, drinking lots of wheatgrass juice and E3 Live, a couple colonics, Natural Cellular Defense, extra fresh green juices, more green superfood powders like VitaMineral Green and Pure Synergy, herbs, Udo's Perfect Oil, MSM, coconut oil, along with a few other lifestyle changes.

My skin problems have completely healed and they have not come back. It took about 2 years of eating raw and doing detoxification things for the problem to completely disappear. This is a relatively short time, compared to the 25 years of eating junk foods! You can't heal 25 years of a bad lifestyle in one week, it may take a couple months or years, but it will eventually heal and you will forget it ever existed!

Posted by: musicbebe ()
Date: April 08, 2009 03:13PM

I love Aubrey products. I get dandruff from most shampoos, even "natural" ones, but Aubrey products are one of very few that won't irritate my scalp. I used their sensitive skin facial cleansing stuff and moisturizer and could see a noticeable improvement in my skin texture, though I did not have acne, just sensitive skin.

Tonya Zavasta is a raw foodist who makes her own brand of facial moisturiser, which she says is as close to raw as she can get for a product with a shelf life . She also writes a lot about beauty and the raw food diet. She may have good advice for you.

I would say stay away from drugs. Traditional Medicine probably has bad advice for acne/rosacea, considering their dietary recommendations. I think sunscreens would irritate your problem because of the chemicals in them. If you must wear it, be sure it is "chemical free" Jason makes one.

I've considered using bare minerals, but didn't because of what I've read about contaminants...I forget what the ingredient was (someone here might know what I am talking about), but it's something you don't want on your face.

I would also say stay away from scrubs. Tonya Zavasta might say something differently though. She advocates dry brushing. But I don't know if that is for people with rosacea too.

I would think sunlight would be good for your face! But on your bare skin. Don't let the sun "bake in" chemicals or moisturizers (including sunscreen IMO). Test it and see if it helps or hurts your problem. Sunlight is necessary for your health, and I think very healing.

Remember, your skin is an organ and your body will detox through your skin. Do you have rosacea/acne everywhere, or just on your face? Try letting your skin breathe as much as possible. Use as few products as possible. Feed your body right and let your body do its own cleansing. Those are my thoughts. Hope I said something helpful.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2009 03:18PM by musicbebe.

Date: April 08, 2009 03:19PM

I fogot to add that Dr. Bronners soap would make my skin feel very tight and irritated, but we are all different.

Date: April 08, 2009 03:45PM

Here is a link to testimonials about Tonya's cream. A woman with bad eczema had it totally cleared up. Tonya is clear to say a raw diet is the most helpful.

[www.beautifulonraw.com]

Also, I have another thought. I breast feed my baby and have noticed with interest how my diet affects my milk, and in turn, my baby. When I would cheat on my diet and eat anything with dairy in it, he became stuffy and his skin broke out. Now that I stopped that, his skin is clear as day! Next time you cheat stay away from dairy! If you veer from raw foods, allow yourself cooked veggies or ezekiel bread or something, just stay away from the worst offenders like dairy. Just more thoughts.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: April 08, 2009 04:03PM

I second the Jane Iredale and NOT Bare Minerals makeup recommendation. Jane Iredale is so much better and the pressed powder (with light coverage or add more for more coverage) has sunscreen. It has never irritated my skin. Bare Escentuals has a nighttime pore-reducing/skin-enhancing powder that seems to work well, too.

You could also try massaging your skin.

But you sound stressed.....and out of sorts, so just try to find balance with your mental state first. For someone to say they "need" makeup and they feel ugly.....I just feel like you need to love yourself before everything else will fall into place. And I don't mean that as a judgment; I mean it in the nicest way, as someone who's "been there."

Date: April 10, 2009 04:42AM

Thank you all for your posts..

Also.. where can i find Jane Iredale??? i went to whole foods but didnt see it!!! hhmm... anywhere in nyc???

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: April 10, 2009 02:14PM

I usually get Jane Iredale products through dermstore.com

[iredale.know-where.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables