Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

STARTING RAW VEGAN STYLE
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 11, 2009 07:46PM

I'm vegan from 13 years and I've just changed to raw vegan from 3 weeks ago.
The knowledge that you can have is important for starters like me. I would like you to share your experiences about getting into raw style and health improvements that you got from this diet.
I have used no supplements before, only occasionally B12 and I'm looking to be out of supplements as much as possible.
So far I'm eating a lot of sprouts, vegetables, seeds, fruits and raw hummus and I'm learning new raw recipes and how to combine raw food to taste.
I would like to keep this life style forever.
Do you think that I need to get supplements?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: STARTING RAW VEGAN STYLE
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: April 11, 2009 11:02PM

I healed all of my chronic problems on the raw diet. I don't supplement, though I did play with them at the beginning of the journey (2001).

Just keep increasing the amount of fruits and vegetables in your diet. I didn't know this at first, but fruits play a huge part in my current diet.

Also important are to practice lifestyle habits in increase the health: getting plenty of rest and sleep, exercise, fresh air, sunshine, finding mental/emotional/spiritual balance.

Date: April 12, 2009 06:14PM

Thank you Bryan. I undestand better now. Our bodies are full of wisdom. Since I've started the raw diet I enjoy sunlight as never before.

A friend of mine that started raw foodism a long time ago talk about blessing the food before eat it.

This is amazing!!!!

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: April 12, 2009 07:27PM

Eat what sounds good! It's always nice to have fresh fruit and your favorite non-sweet fruits and vegetables around.

I love this lifestyle, too! And started out as a vegan who ate cooked & raw, now I"m 99.5% raw!

My skin looked better within 3 days of eating 99% raw.

Posted by: ROIRRAW ()
Date: April 13, 2009 12:26PM

Hi elenasaal,

I started my raw journey at christmas my skin improved a huge amount too. I used to do a fair amount of excerise but still had a kind of flabby body! Nothing major, I was only 10 1/2 stone but I still looked and felt out of shape.3 months later and I'm like a whippet! lol. Seriously though, I'm now about 9 st 8lbs and am SO much more muscliar and toned. I can't believe the difference tbh, and honestly look so athletic now.I also used to run 25 min on the treadmill and be knackered.An hour is easy now and I can do parts of it at a serious pace and just seem to float and have a zing in my step wheras before I used to run flaaaat!
I do a lot of other 'work' too,hypnosis and spiritual releases so its hard for me to evaluate my emotional wellness when I'm still working on them from other areas that would also contribute to their improvement but I feel a lot more independently minded lately. I don't know if that is coming from Raw but think that perhaps it is.Maybe its more clarity, I feel.I don't know!!!! LOL
Also a general increase in energy.Doing a lot more things and keeping my house tidier!

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: April 13, 2009 10:20PM

I am in the process of healing many health issues with a diet that is high percent raw vegan. It has been almost three years since changing to this lifestyle and I just turned forty and I am in better shape than i have been since my early twenties. I have not only saved myself from an early grave, but I have also found the fountain of youth.

High fruit is working best for me. It makes a huge difference in my symptoms and energy level.

If you want to succeed, I say go at your own pace and use this site. For me slow and steady is winning the race. Listen to what the long time rawers say.

Date: April 14, 2009 02:52AM

yes "pakd4fun" I want to succeed. I'm curious about the changes that you got with this fountain of youth.... Gray hairs turning back? Fading wrinkles?

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: April 14, 2009 02:56AM

ele i just did a simple 30 day green smoothie experiment and have been transitioning for 6 years and 100% for a year now .. my skin is better , less sallow and wrinkly an just lately some of the salt in my salty pepper hair had got more peppery so im with pakd that soemthing is turning back the hands of time just a little smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables