Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Mysterious healing!
Date: April 14, 2009 12:53PM

We are a raw food family known as the Rawfoodfamily. We have 3 beautiful children and started our journey almost 4 years ago, because our second son - Jaro - used to be chronically ill.
He had asthma and the doctors told us, that we would have to live with an inhalator forcing him to use the machine 4 times a day. But still this thing did not help a single bit.
We couldn´t sleep during the night, because Jaro was not able to breath properly, and we were alarmed all the time.
Then we thought: " Ok. We have to change something!"

At this point of time, I found a book at my mothers house called: " If you want to be healthy, forget the cooking pot!"
After I read this book, I became a Rawfooder! Thank god, my lovely husband was with me right away after some intense discussion!

So we went Raw almost over night. We didn´t do it 100% from the start, but close to. It took us about one year to become a 100% Rawfoodfamily.
The problems of Jaro were gone within a week, and never came back!!
Since this point of time no one in my family has ever been ill. And my daughter Ronja was born at home and is on 100% all her life. She is so lucky and shining!

But we did some important steps during our Rawfood Journey! We started our diet eating mainly fruits and discovered after a year, that our sons started to have brownish teeth. At this point we learned about the importance of GREEEEEEN! We reduced sugary food, like dates , and served green to the meals...that really worked! His teeth became white again! Isn't that amazing!!

It has become one of our most important mantras, talking to people who want to do Rawfood with their children. Especially the children need the minerals from the green to grow properly. And most Rawkids are eating not enough of this magical food. Us included.
We bought the Vita-mix and started doing green smoothies, which really helped us a lot. Nowdays we eat green, especially wild edibles, to every meal, and feel so good with it!
Another advantage is, that the green vegetables and wild edibles are good to satisfy all the needs. Our kids do not ask for food during the meals, because they are happy. When we started going raw, they wanted always more, another banana, one more orange, some nuts on top,....

And the green truly connects us with mother nature. The feeling for my kids, my husband and myself increased a lot, since I eat more wild edibles.
Our daughter Ronja, who is a raw fooder from beginning loves to eat daisies freshly picked. In fact she pickes them for herself , when ever she wants them!
Sometimes the children play around and don't want to eat their greens, but most of the times we found, that it helps, when we sit next to them and give them tiny pieces of leave to every bite they do! I have the feeling, they really enjoy that we truly care about them and about what they eat!!! We never get angry when they refuse their green, but we stay clear and focused...and that really works!
When we do green smoothies , we let the children do it. That gives them the feeling they decide and they never refuse to drink it, when they've done. I think that is, because they feel responsible for the taste and they are really proud , that they made on their own.
I think that is one of the biggest secrets of raising happy, healthy children: Give them the feeling they've done it alone! It although is a great lesson for us grown ups...just stay in the background and believe in our children!

Children are our future, so let us believe in the future and therefore in our children!

All my love to all you wonderful mums out there, enjoy your children and your life.

Kathi

P.S. We created a free mini course on our website called: "How to raise happy and healthy children!" to support all you mums with our knowledge we gained raising three raw kids.

[www.therawfoodfamily.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mysterious healing!
Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: April 14, 2009 01:56PM

What a lovely post - thank you so much

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: April 14, 2009 01:58PM

Very interesting story!! You are so Lucky to be
able forage Wild Edibles, especially Greens. What we get in
stores is a poor substitute.
P.S. Nice looking family....WY

Posted by: madinah ()
Date: April 14, 2009 04:41PM

Is there a book or writings on how to pick wild greens. Some are poisonous

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2009 04:41PM by madinah.

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: April 14, 2009 05:47PM

You have a beautiful family.

I personally know how wonderful it is to have a sick child healed naturally with raw foods.

My kids pick greens too. They love this mild onion grass that is in our yard. Our dogs eat so many wild greens also. I want to start eating more. I wonder if I can follow the dogs around and eat what they do.

Posted by: zanjabil ()
Date: April 14, 2009 08:38PM

What a lovely and inspirational post! I so wish I could get my family to go raw. I got my husband to do it for 3 wks(that was really an accomplishment). My 2 yr old eats mostly raw(fortunately he likes what he sees me eating), my 10 and 9 yr old are works in progress. I just try to introduce as much raw into each meal (they all love fruits and green smoothies) I'm going to keep on trying though, this is one thing that I won't give up on smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables