Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

decaf green tea
Posted by: jhyland ()
Date: April 15, 2009 01:13AM

Hi all,
I've been trying to eat raw for the past 3 months and was wondering what the community's opinion on decaf green tea is? I avoid all caffeine and am trying to be as 100% raw as I can.

It seems to me that having tea, since the water is heated above 116 degrees would cause it to not be considered raw.

I know it won't hurt me to have the tea and there are probably good health reasons to drink it, but was wondering if it's considered raw.

Otherwise, I only drink water, whatever I juice or blend (from raw fruits/veggies).

Thanks for your help.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: decaf green tea
Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: April 15, 2009 01:38AM

It is not raw (unless it's sun-brewed) but you can still be a raw foodist and drink tea. Raw foodists get 75-80% or more of their calories from raw food. I don't even think tea has calories....

Re: decaf green tea
Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: April 15, 2009 08:42AM

I found that what I was looking for in a cup of warm tea was the warmth. I started drinking warm water and found it refreshing in a way that only clean water can be and also comfortably warm. I keep a small cup warmer by my computer and set my warm water cup on it and sip frequently throughout the day especially after eating citrus fruit and then I do a little swish. I like the clean feeling a sip of water or a short swish gives my mouth.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables