Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

people keep asking me..
Posted by: herbalgerbals ()
Date: April 16, 2009 05:21AM

Specifically family members.
Where do you get your protein?
You need protein they say.

And my response?
I DONT, well actually I say fruits and veggies have all the protein I need..

the ONLY REASON I believe this now, is because I work out, ride my bike, and Ive noticed, Im musclular, and I Dont look under weight anymore, I weight 135 give or take, and I was normally 150 before this, but I mean, from just looking at me, you would think I eat fake SAD food daily..
So Ive proved it to myself, and that sthe only way I believe. So now I love to reply. I dont. and then I get into it, I get all of my protein needed from plants and fruits, after detoxification your body will maintain the weight, after first cleaning itself from the acidic toxins built between your cells etc. etc.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: people keep asking me..
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 16, 2009 05:53AM

ya Ive been dealing with the same from my family so I decided to get them to shush so Im making this full of the one everyone knows BEANS hehe = ) even though it comes from the veggies too

Diabetes Healing Bean Salad
4 cups green beans
2 cups black beans
2 cups kidney beans
2 cups chickpeas
2 cups celery
2 cups red bell pepper
1 red onion
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/3 cup olive oil
25 drops stevia
salt and pepper

Warm together in a large pot for 5 min while stirring. Remove from heat, let sit for 30 min to 1 hour. lasts a few days and serves 6!

Date: April 16, 2009 05:56AM

Why not seeds?

Date: April 16, 2009 06:05AM

Im following a book, I have no idea how to mix anything myself.
Would seeds make it better?
o and I dont have anything to grind seeds

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2009 06:05AM by Lavena.

Date: April 16, 2009 06:33AM

Hi Lavena, I think some of the best sources of protein are seeds, especially seeds that have been soaked in water to bring them to life. Leafy greens are also one of the best sources, especially as green juice or green smoothie. A third excellent source is chlorella and Klamath algae. All raw vegan foods have protein, and these are some of the high protein foods

Posted by: madinah ()
Date: April 16, 2009 02:20PM

pumpkin seeds have one of the highest.

[www.healthy.net]

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: April 16, 2009 02:29PM

Why would looking like a SAD diet eater be a good thing? Uhmm....not computing!!

Anyway, as long as you get enough calories, you get enough protein.

Posted by: tanawana ()
Date: April 16, 2009 02:45PM

From many years I find the best way is not to waste time explaining it. Rarely I find you will convince anyone and what is the point?? If you look good, feel good and are doing good, that will speak for itself. Ever since I adopted this mind set I can't think of the last time I felt the need to discuss anything :O)

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: April 16, 2009 04:47PM

herbal,

I smile sweetly and say,"I get my aminos from everything that I eat. How about you?"

Date: April 16, 2009 05:16PM

Protein equals the eight or nine essential amino acids we cannot synthesise.

BUT... as above, there is a discrepancy. So is there eight or nine???

One amino acid, 'histidine', is required by infants, though is later synthesised by the liver. So for an adult, there are eight essential amino acids. Many vegies contain these eight including pumpkin...

BUT WAIT...Another 'essential' amino acid, 'lysine', is also produced by human gut bacteria, so maybe there are only seven 'essential' aminos we need from food.

The protein thing is really a bit of a scam. I wonder where other animals such as elephants get their 'protein'.....

Personally, I must get enough, as my hair and nails continue to grow, and I heal quickly from cuts etc. Apart from that, I continue to add weights at the gym, and I'm much stronger than ever in my life.

Cheers, geo

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: April 16, 2009 05:47PM

yep gorillas must eat at macdonalds smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: April 16, 2009 06:08PM

At some point in my process, I quit talking about the raw food diet to people who weren't doing it. When people would comment on how much fruit I was eating, I would just say I love fruit. Since I look healthy and don't appear underweight, this is enough. Sometimes people might ask if I'm on a special diet, and I say I'm a vegetarian. That seems to end the conversation.

What I found was if there was contention or debate, it was because I was the cause of it, not other people.

Posted by: tropical ()
Date: April 18, 2009 12:57PM

What's the best thing to do when one is talking to someone who is sick and could benefit from raw food? Are they more receptive to new diets? When I've tried to covert the sick, they basically just ignore the new info.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2009 01:03PM by tropical.

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: April 18, 2009 01:25PM

I hear you on talking to a sick person. I want to share this with people but hold back because I am afraid. I am feeling as if I am holding a key to their health yet they just won't take it. They are so brainwashed to believe is the doctors and their medicines to help them but in many cases the doctors don't help they just diagnose the problems and teh med's just make them sicker.

Posted by: Manolie ()
Date: April 18, 2009 05:05PM

An un-mentioned essential amino acid is L-Tryptophan which is used by the brain in the production of serotonin and has a role in minimizing anxiety, depression, insomnia, and stress, while stimulating the release of growth hormone to burn body fat. It is needed for the body's production of niacin (B-3). Given enough B-6, vitamin C, follate, and magnesium the body can cope with its needs for L-Tryptophan, especially if it is getting natural sources such as brown rice, peanuts, and soy protein. (A previous, serious L-Tryptophan restriction turned out to be from contaminants and not the amino acid itself, which remains an essential one.) Manolie

Posted by: lawofattraction ()
Date: April 18, 2009 10:40PM

the way i keep my raw diet exciting to me is,i keep quiet around people who are negative towards it.

so i hear almonds,sunseeds, hemp, among others are a complete source of protein.

what ive seen about sick people resisiting a new diet is they dont want to hear from me, their daughter, like they need to hear from an older peer. your typical im the parent and i teach you not the other way around syndrome.

so i hope they do hear it from another source and they learn from them if they are uncomfortable from learning from their children.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables