Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

coming off coffee
Posted by: lawofattraction ()
Date: April 11, 2009 09:54PM

what is the secret? does one absolutely need caffiene to thrive?

ived had a now 14 year coffee addiction. thankfully i dont drink pots a day to give you an idea of my intake.3 cups is normal.

im just wondering if anyone has tried and succeeded to kick the joe habit.i have a hunch it would help me eating more raw intake,since it all starts with the begginning of the day...

i hear black,white or green tea is "better"

i also hear apples wake you up and give you a buzz like caffiene?

i love apples.im also sensing that once i incorporate more juicy raw,coffee or not,the diet will pay for itself and i'll drop it like a bad habit...maybe i'll start a journal.thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: coming off coffee
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: April 11, 2009 10:45PM

Kicking the coffee habit is what got me into raw foods smiling smiley

What helped me was to engage in activities that gave me energy. Also, after I stopped drinking coffee, I found that my body went into a detox, and I needed a lot of extra sleep.

What gave me extra energy was doing hatha yoga regularly and looking at places in my life where I was losing energy to my thoughts and habits. The deep breathing in hatha yoga brings about a deep relaxation which built up internal energies.

Eating or drinking something to replace the energy boost given by coffee is not the solution. What is the solution is to allow the body to detoxify itself, and then get more rest and sleep so that you don't need the stimulation of coffee to keep you awake.

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: April 11, 2009 11:16PM

/////////////////Let me share with you my coffee experiance
I have been makeing changes for my health for two years now and have been able to quit the coffee habit, at least I thought, I just stopped drinking coffee and started eating raw foods. I experianced the headach and all that and even realized how much of a lie the coffee is however I went right back to drinking coffee, I wake up craveing the coffee especially in the mornings. I thought I was over with the coffee addiction but I ended up giveing in to the coffee.
I have realized that the more I force myself to stop an offending habit the more I desire it so one day I just relaxed and drank as much coffee As I wanted. I kept drinking coffee for days and weeks and some days I couldnt sleap so I stopped drinking coffee in the afternoon. Now this is a gross part, I started to smell like coffee, I reeked like coffee from my pores and especially my poo reeked so bad I couldnt stand it. The next time I smelled the coffee brewing it smelled like my poo and even looked just like it. I could'nt drink it because it looked and smelled like poo. Another thing is I was thinking of how the coffee made me feel as I drank it because when eating raw foods we begin to realize how the food makes us feel and I just crossed it over to how the coffee made me feel and it made my stomach ache and made me feel jidderie and somewhat emotional.
I am not sure if I am compleatly over with the coffee but right now I don't desire it.

Posted by: zanjabil ()
Date: April 12, 2009 02:02AM

Green smoothies and green tea helped me kick the coffee habit. I'd drink a green smoothie every morning whilst transitioning and in the afternoon I'd drink green tea. Although I didn't drink coffee everyday...and when I did drink it, it was only 1 or 2 cups.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: April 12, 2009 07:40PM

I'm in the same boat with Bryan. Quitting caffeine was a no-brainer when I realized what it did to ME and that it was not right for ME. When you finally decide something is not working for you...you will change it.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: April 12, 2009 07:48PM

i used to drink a couple of pots of the stuff a day .. with loads of sugar and loads of high fat cream

its no wonder i had insomnia and raging stomach problems lol smiling smiley

i weaned off ...adding a glass of water between cups ..weakening the sugar amount and cream amount to eventually black and unsweetened to diluted to decaf then switched to teas then switching to hot water and lemon

im not much of a cold turkey kinda person and the whole process took about a year lol smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 12, 2009 08:53PM

Coffee was my last bad habit, and not just an addiction. I found it was the ritual as well as the drug, so now I substutute coffee in the morning with pure organic grape juice. In social situations where I would normally drink coffee, I now use tea.

I too noticed a detox on dropping coffee.

cheers geo

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: April 12, 2009 11:13PM

I substituted Tea for coffee when I still ate SAD. After I went raw I substituted clean warm water for Tea and have been drinking that ever since.

Posted by: lawofattraction ()
Date: April 14, 2009 01:50AM

i think i need to go outside my comfort zone for this one, and i definetly do it for the ritual rather than addiction.

i never ever realized how fruit awakens you.wish mommy and daddy would have told me this or a mentor, when i was much younger.instead, dave wolfe informs me of every little health secret now.sigh...

read my jornal weeding out the garden if you desire...it tells how this weekend i craved the black death less as i ate more fruit.yeah.

i already have lots of steday energy anyway and you know now that i drink it as im more alive and juicy, i feel like im on crack or some drug.and my stomach started to ache after i drank "too much"IVE NEVER had a stomache from joe b4.

one of these days im goin to say i quit and live for another brew.
special teas,green stuff,nothing(water)

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: April 14, 2009 02:02AM

lawofattraction --- The feeling of being alive that you talk about that comes from eating live food is what makes the raw food life an adventure to me. I find myself challenging myself in ways that I never thought I would be able to do when I was SAD. And the more life I get in my food the more alive I feel.

Posted by: meganbubbs ()
Date: April 14, 2009 04:51AM

it takes 2 weeks to detox all the caffiene out of your body. that is what I would be carefull of if you really want to quit

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 19, 2009 05:06AM

I gotta so agree with all you guys! I'm one of those that had the cold caffeine addition (Pepsi) and "cold turkey" is the only way I've gotten off of it, Also finding a substitute has been necessary, Right now I'm using those powder juice packets to just lightly flavor my water which helps me drink more water.

As the other posters have said, changing habits and routines is what will work.
Best of luck!

[gethealthyeatraw.wholefoodfarmacy.com]
[piffleandprattle.blogspot.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables