Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Quick and clean burning fuel
Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: April 20, 2009 02:57PM

IMO the SAD is neither quick or clean burning fuel and over time causes degenerative diseases. The fresh raw vegan diet is both quicker to digest and cleaner burning then SAD which makes it a better fuel for the body & mind to run on. I think the ketones [en.wikipedia.org] the body runs on during clean water only fasting is an even more efficient fuel for the body & mind to run on but that the body & mind can only fast for a limited amount of time determined by the bodys fat stores. So my conclusion is that for everyday fuel the fresh raw vegan diet is the best for the body & mind to run on. If this it true could some mental problems be caused by the type of fuel being burned ? Could the raw food diet help prevent, slow, or correct Alheimers disease? Opinions, thoughts, and ideas appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Quick and clean burning fuel
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: April 20, 2009 03:13PM

My opinion on the brain diseases where the brain becomes spongy (like Alzheimer's or Mad Cow) is that kind of brain damage is caused by toxins (say like organophosphates found in pesticides, herbicides, nerve gas). A diet of raw fruits and vegetables based on organic farming techniques could limit the dietary access to these toxins, but they can appear in the environment also.

Re: Quick and clean burning fuel
Posted by: marsh ()
Date: April 21, 2009 10:06PM

i once read that mucoid forming foods, which are basically the entire SAD diet, produce a sort of mucous on the brain, and causes mental fogginess and disease, and this mucous also collects throughout the body, contributing to all sorts of degenerative diseases.

on another note, one of the more fascinating things i have read recently about the raw diet, is that the presence of abundant enzymes in raw food not only aids in its digestion, but when cooked foods are eaten and the body has to rely on producing its own enzymes, this causes the body to age prematurely. in fact, some studies were done and found that the delpetion of enzymes in the body were the number one cause of premature aging- more so than other known culprits of enzyme depleting sources such as alcohol, tobacco, many medications, radiation, carcinogenic exposure, and stimulants. wow-

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables