Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Coconut Oil
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 23, 2009 06:02AM

Is Coconut Oil considered a raw food? What about organic Virgin Coconut Oil and now here's the kicker - what can be used in place of Coconut Oil in a dessert recipe?

I have a feeling i'm heading off the raw track but I am new at this.

Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Coconut Oil
Date: April 23, 2009 06:24AM

okay i found this on another site:

the virgin coconut butter from Garden of Life as it is produced without chemicals or heat....in effect it is a raw food. It still has the coconuty taste........

I can not get coconut oil where I live so would have to order online somewhere.

Still trying to figure out what is the best thing to replace it with until I can get some?

Any suggestions?

Posted by: frances ()
Date: April 23, 2009 11:53AM

For substitutions, I think that it depends on the recipe and what flavors would suit it well. Do you have access to any raw nut oils? As a fallback, a good cold-pressed olive oil goes with just about anything.

Date: April 27, 2009 07:02AM

No the nearest health food store is a little over an hour away but I did find the website www.livingtreecommunity.com where i can purchase online the things i need and keep them in stock.

i was actually making a non-raw food item to take to a friend's dinner party - vegan cupcakes. i am trying a raw vegan cheesecake next time. (this wednesday)

thank you!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables