Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

carob or cacao?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 25, 2009 03:10AM

I have found both of these in the raw form which one is better for you carob or cacao? I thought it would be nice to add a little "junk food" to my diet smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: carob or cacao?
Posted by: debbietook ()
Date: April 25, 2009 05:38AM

Hi polyholic

In this article I discuss the differences between cacao and carob.

[debbietookrawforlife.blogspot.com]

Posted by: jamielor ()
Date: April 25, 2009 09:02AM

Cacao is like a drug for me. It keeps me up for days and sends my heart racing. And I really wanted it to be good for me, too, so I kept trying it but it has a similar effect to sugar on me. It sends me for a high followed by extreme fatigue and restlessness.
I still don't want to belive it, but being raw for so long I think my cells are just extremely sensitive. Perhaps I am just very sensitive to caffeine and it doesn't affect others this way!
I'd go for the raw carob.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: April 25, 2009 07:06PM

I like cacao better (but not every day)

Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: April 26, 2009 12:20AM

I have the same reaction to cacao as Jamielor does. My vote goes for carob too! Although you could try the cacao, you never know you might be immune to it. And it does taste gooood smiling smiley

Posted by: marsh ()
Date: April 26, 2009 04:31PM

i have a similar reaction to cocao, like jamielor and lisa m. however i've only been raw for a very short time- weeks. i think i just have a sensitivity to caffeine. i read somewhere that the older we get, the harder it is for our bodies to metabolize the caffeine. that may be why when i eat one of these fabulous raw chocolate coconut bars i made i was up all night, and my daughter, who ate several, slept like a baby. she's 9 and i'm 48. i really wanted it to be good for me, too, but i'm not giving up my sleep for the taste. next time i'll use carob.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 28, 2009 02:47AM

Thanks for all of your info I feel better about my "junk food" decision. The carob sounds like a safe choice.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables