Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

detox, ionic footbath thingy
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 30, 2009 06:31PM

just had it done, pretty gross to tell the truth. wondering if it really works or is a crock though. anyone got info to debunk or validate it? seems to good to be true to me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: detox, ionic footbath thingy
Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: April 30, 2009 07:41PM

I havn't heard of the ionic footbath thingy but I have heard that a Epsom Salt soak is supposed to be a good detox.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 01, 2009 02:42PM

here, look at these pics.

[www.szrwhitewings.com]

i had a treatment done with similar results, disgusting swampy foot water. apparently grunge from my organs etc coming out through the feet. i wonder if it's real though, it seemed to be coming from the machine instead of me.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: May 01, 2009 03:01PM

I could swear there was a heated debate on these boards some months ago about the ionic foot bath, but for the life of me I could not find it in a search. The gist of it was that there is no evidence that they work and that the solution that you add to the water is merely reacting with chemicals in the water to cause a corrosion effect. This looks like scum coming through the soles of one's feet, but is apparently unrelated. Epsom salts are a laxative, so they could have a drawing effect. If so, they could conceivably act as a detoxifying foot bath, as per EZ's suggestion. I'd give it a go and see what happens.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 01, 2009 03:13PM

one of my teachers in massage therapy , brought in one of these units with the *solution* and ran it for an hour with no feet, the results were swampy water

if you add some bleach to well water you will see a similar effect if the water is especially mineralized .. you will get rather quickly visual evidence of red (iron) and black (other minerals ) floating around

in my opinion its bunksmiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: frances ()
Date: May 01, 2009 05:17PM

Jgunn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> one of my teachers in massage therapy , brought in
> one of these units with the *solution* and ran it
> for an hour with no feet, the results were swampy
> water

This is exactly what I had wondered. It seems like it should be easy to test if you have the equipment, and was hoping someone had tried it.

Thanks!

Posted by: laniereed ()
Date: May 01, 2009 08:33PM

i use it and love it...............my doctor in quito equidor uses it in his clinic 2xs a week for all his patients........llllanie

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 01, 2009 09:29PM

this is a good read here [www.spaindex.com]

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables