Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

New high-fruit/NH forum for UK
Posted by: debbietook ()
Date: May 03, 2009 05:59AM

Bryan has kindly allowed me to post this. I know there are some UK members here, so it would be great if you could join us!

There are several excellent international forums (eg this one!), but Fools for Fruit is a new high-fruit Natural Hygiene-oriented forum formed specifically with the needs of the UK in mind. As well as general topics, we’ll be discussing what’s good at UK supermarkets (north and south!), Chinatown, wherever... organic fruit suppliers etc and encourage meeting up for potlucks and picnics. In time it would be good to get some regional co-ops set up. If you’re a UK raw fooder who supports the high-fruit diet, come and join us!
[foolsforfruituk.ning.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New high-fruit/NH forum for UK
Posted by: loeve ()
Date: May 10, 2009 02:07PM

Nice new forum, Debbie!

Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: May 10, 2009 04:01PM

Hi Debbie
that looked like it would be an interesting forum, only problem was I got about halfway through the sign up process and got bored filling in all the required info about myself... I know it's nice being able to see what books/movies etc people are into, but maybe it would be an idea to keep it optional...? Started reminding me of Facebook and how they want you to put every little detail about yourself so they can sell it on for marketing purposes... I'm sure you don't have that agenda though.

Date: May 11, 2009 05:47AM

No, I don't have that agenda. It shouldn't take more than a few minutes filling in details about yourself.

The reason Ning forums ask for a bit of info is to make them more like real communities - so we can get to know a little about each other, rather than corresponding continually with a faceless, anonymous 'rawbunnikins' or whatever.

So, if you're from the UK, and you'd like a high-fruit forum designed specifically with the UK in mind, do join!

PS It really is for the UK, and as one person did get offended when I did say that (gently...), it's simply that I don't want to tread on the toes of excellent international forums such as this one, 30Bananas etc.

But if any overseas people have a special interest in the UK, do by all means join.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2009 05:49AM by debbietook.

Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: May 12, 2009 01:05PM

Ah, it's hosted by a 3rd party - that makes more sense, as I didn't think you would personally want to profit from other peoples' information.

I wouldn't buy Ning's line about it being for the benefit of the community - it's simply for marketing purposes.

From Ning's privacy policy:

"In its operation of the Ning Platform, and its provision of its services to Network Creators and Third Party Application Developers, Ning collects, uses, and retains all information, including Personal Information and Network Member Data, that you disclose to Network Creators in your use of Networks"

Maybe it doesn't seem much of a big deal; but to me the fact that it's MANDATORY to supply all this additional information strikes me as setting a worrying precedent for these kind of forums, in terms of self-surveillance. Forums such as yours can be such amazing tools for sharing valuable information and support; it's a shame to see them exploited in this way.

Date: May 14, 2009 05:08AM

It may be for marketing purposes as well, but I certainly find the Ning forums more interesting to partake in because of the background details supplied about the posters.

(Nothing against this one - very good in its own way too!)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables