Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

how is it possible
Posted by: cynthia ()
Date: May 16, 2009 01:17AM

I need more sleep as a raw foodist than I did as vegeterian.

What could explain that? lack of vitamins? minerals?

Maybe I don't eat enough ? I eat to satisfy my hunger though...can't be that..

any ideas?

thanks a lot

just wandering today if I should stop, after 4 months 100%. It is not that it is difficult. No. It just is my own doubt. After all those months, I expected more results out of this life style.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: how is it possible
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: May 16, 2009 07:40AM

cynthia Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I need more sleep as a raw foodist than I did as
> vegeterian.
A Raw Vegan should need less sleep than a
Cooked Vegetarian who eats eggs and dairy. Gotta get to
the nitty-gritty and look at what you're eating now....WY

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: May 16, 2009 12:33PM

Opinion: This could easily be if you are still throwing off old cooked food proteins and creating a more acid system...if you follow my thinking. Staying active and eating only raw foods should eliminate that situation readily. In any event, what are going to do? NOT eat healthy? You gotta do what you gotta do man! smiling smiley

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: May 16, 2009 01:21PM

cynthia,

I agree with DZM(I love your posts--so sprightly-succinct but logical!) and with WY. Are you eating sufficient calories? Anything you may be sensitive to?

I actually would welcome needing more sleep, as long as it's restful and a temporary circumstance(yes, 4 months may be temporary in the grand scheme of things).

On the other hand, I have this hypothesis that if you didn't get enough sleep for many years, your brain recollects this and struggles against a greater deficit when correcting it is possible. Can't prove it, that's just my impression as a former dysomniac. Maybe this is just a phase. And maybe you should just sleep it off. Please don't be discouraged; try to focus on what gains you have made and what is going right about your raw life.

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: May 16, 2009 02:34PM

When I started eating raw I had to take a nap at mid day for a while. I guess my body needed the sleap then I began to get more energy and vitality I did not need so much sleap. We never know just what our eternal organs are healing from. Sleap is one thing our bodies need to revitalize. Just keep on keeping on

Posted by: cynthia ()
Date: May 16, 2009 07:38PM

Thank you - I guess I should be patient - As a vegeterian, my usual night sleep was 8 - 9 hours...

My problem is not the raw food, rather my inner doubts like : is it really good for me? What if I don't succeed at getting back my normal weight? Will I have to continue with a restrictive menu for long ( I am intolerant to many fruits, green and veggies) ? How is it that I sleep so long...

well. excuse me for this not so positive post

thank you everyone for your help.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: May 16, 2009 07:47PM

cynthia

I need more sleep as a raw foodist than I did as vegeterian.

In my opinion fresh raw garden foods have more life in them then cooked foods do also they have fewer nutrients destroyed by the cooking process. Your body is better able to use the raw foods for health & wellness and will do its best to unwind all of the years of SAD living. In some cases it may not be able to completely unwind all of the damage depending on how severe that damage is but it will do the best it can so try to cooperate with your body and listen to its messages. Patience and perseverance get results in my opinion.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables