Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

coughing up phlegm, is that detox?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 20, 2009 08:46AM

I've been 100% raw for 3.5 months now, before that i'd eat massive amount of junk food everyday. I always had a lump feeling in my throat but could never hack it up and spit it out. Now ever since i've been raw, i spit out phlegm about 20 times a day, is that part of detox or could i be allergic to a fruit i eat?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: coughing up phlegm, is that detox?
Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: May 20, 2009 01:42PM

I read one time that mucus was the #1 detox symptom.

Better out than in!

Posted by: EricJohannes ()
Date: May 20, 2009 04:35PM

Mucus is something that the body creates in order to protect itself against harmful things that you put into it. For example, smokers develop a lot of mucus in the lungs to protect themselves against the smoke. As a result, when a person quits smoking they inevitably yak up a lot of mucus because the body doesn't need it anymore.

Here's a good thread on mucus from another site:

[www.giveittomeraw.com]

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 21, 2009 06:44AM

i still have strange moments of extreme phlegmmyness , but i smoked for 2 decades so i suspect its still just working itself out smiling smiley i find i get especially phlegmmy when i eat melons for some reason smiling smiley it doesnt bother me its just something ive noticed , perhaps something in the chemical makeup of the melons is an expectorant of somesort smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: May 21, 2009 07:15AM

Years ago when I quit smoking I hacked up phlegm everyday for a long time. At first the phloem was dark colored with lots of crud in it but it slowly cleared to where it got clear colored. An old saying says "wise is the person who cooperates with nature". Go with it and don't try to stop it with symptom suppressing drugs or you won't get it out and I'm sure if you think it through you won't want that. Good luck.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: May 21, 2009 08:06AM

cataplexy

consider yourself lucky
cuz that means your body is functioning the way it should
yeah, that is detox

B Happy smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables