Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Do you eat dryed foods?
Posted by: kollie ()
Date: May 26, 2009 08:20PM

Hi.
Do you eat store bought raisins, dates, dried tomatoes etc.?
If so, how do you know that they have gone threw drying, storage and shipping, all below 115 °F (46 °C) ? Raw food books are always listing these as part of their recipes.
Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you eat dryed foods?
Posted by: frances ()
Date: May 26, 2009 09:13PM

It's hard to know how foods are dried unless you know who dried them and can quiz them about their process. Some of the raw companies have dried fruits, and if you trust them that's a good possibility. If you can dry your own fruit in the summer to store for the winter, then you can monitor the temperature and be sure what you're getting.

I don't eat a lot of dried fruits. When I buy dried fruits, I often don't worry about it too much because I know it's such a small portion of my diet. In those cases, I try to get fruit that is organic and doesn't have added sulfur or other preservatives, or sweeteners.

Re: Do you eat dryed foods?
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: May 26, 2009 09:17PM

kollie,

Ideally you are supposed to get them from health food stores that do their own low-temp dehydrating, from online raw retailers, or homemade. There's some supposition on the part of cookbook authors based in Cali, say, that these things are easy to come by for the mass of us. Not necessarily so. I may home dehydrate my own tomatoes, but unless my local Arabic import store proprietor can tell me for certain that his dates and stuff are sundried(they ususally are), I avoid them. I prefer fresh fruits andway, so it's not that hard.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables