Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

wolfberries vs. gojiberries
Posted by: livingone ()
Date: May 28, 2009 01:55PM

Hi,
I was wondering if there is really any difference between goji and wolfberries.
I keep getting different answers. Some say they are the same plant. Lycium barbarum. Other people say they are different. I've tried both and cannot tell the difference at all.All I know is that the ones marketed as goji berries usually cost more.

Love and Light,
John

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: wolfberries vs. gojiberries
Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: May 29, 2009 12:09PM

There is no difference. Wolfberry is the English word, Goji is a transliteration of the Chinese gǒuqǐ. They both relate to two very similar species Lycium barbarum and Lycium chinense, some say that wolfberry is one of them and goji is the other but that is not the case.

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Date: May 29, 2009 08:30PM

I thought they were the same thing, but I thought that people tend to use the word goji when referring to the dried berry and used the word wolfberry when referring to the fresh berry/plant.

I got two goji/wolf berry plants for my birthday. Yay!! smiling smiley

I just looked on Wikipedia- I didn't know they were in the nightshade family!

Posted by: livingone ()
Date: May 31, 2009 02:41PM

Thanks for the feedback. I did't know they were in the nightshade family. No wonder I cannot seem to digest them. I cannot digest tomatoes and peppers either which are in the nightshade family. I've read that a lot of people have problems digesting food in the nightshade family, but those are good foods for people who can tolerate them.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables