Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Having a very hard time going 100%
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 03, 2009 10:41PM

Hey I wonder if anyone can explain this? I'm vegan and eat mostly raw and try to go 100% raw every now and again but I always get the same thing. I'll be eating loads of fruit, salad, olive oil, nuts, seeds, dried fruit, all day, and still feel really weak and dizzy, like so bad that I can't stand it. As much as if I was not eating anything. I never feel completely satisfied either. I think it might be because I'm not getting any slow release carbs? I'm eating lots of fats but maybe my body is just storing them and not using them. I am underweight so that would explain that, but I don;t have any vitamin definiciencies or anything and this doesn't happen when not eating completely raw.

And that's another question, is it a good idea to go completely raw if I'm quite underweight but still healthy? thanks for reading smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Having a very hard time going 100%
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: June 03, 2009 10:57PM

Ciara,

Are you combining large amounts of sweet fruits with your fats?--they don't chemically like one another in many people. Also, check your calories using one of the nutrition websites, like fitday or nutridiary. Do not starve yourself of calories!

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: June 03, 2009 11:46PM

If you're getting enough caories and still losing weight or feeling unsatisfied, maybe try adding some raw wheat germ to your salads (it's very tasty). Raw wheat germ is a classic weight gain food, and is very satisfying. Try to get it prepackaged rather than from the bin, so that it's not rancid.

Or, try sprouting some whole grains (kamut is my personal favorite). Do little white sprouts, not long green sprouts, and add them to salads or make some essene bread to eat with avocado and tomato.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: June 04, 2009 12:17AM

You DO have to find a 'base' way to eat that is 100% comfortable for you....and stretch from THERE. Try eating your standard vegan way for a while....then plan 3 different 'all raw' type of days in advance. Try each one....just a day at a time...and see how you feel the next day. If you are looking forward to that meal...and feel energetic...then you are on the right path.

As to the underweight thing? You can lift weights and eat a high protein diet of fresh greens and sprouts....and you should do fine.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: June 04, 2009 02:35AM

CiaraNorton

And that's another question, is it a good idea to go completely raw if I'm quite underweight but still healthy?

Science has shown that many nutrients are damaged in cooking. IMO a person is better off getting their nutrients from undamaged natural foods.

Posted by: GilmoreGirl ()
Date: June 04, 2009 03:09AM

Incorporating two or more liquid meals like smoothies and soups is often a good way to feel more satisfied especially if you add fats like avocado. Also helps assimilate more nutrients. Just eating food on it's own, often it's hard to fill up or feel satisfied especially at the beginning. Later as your body gets use it you can than it more simply. Some heavier, gourmet-type meals may help too.

Raw helps you maintain or gain weight too, not just lose.

Simple Raw Recipes & Health Tips

Posted by: RaeVynn ()
Date: June 05, 2009 06:50PM

I would suggest adding chia and/or hemp seed to your daily diet, either by throwing a couple of tablespoons into your smoothies, or sprinkling on a salad, or by, with chia seed, making 'pudding' by mixing with water and stirring/shaking for a few minutes.
Chia seed, and hemp seed, are great sources of protein and omega 3 & 6, which are essential fatty acids. These make them great to base your diet on, rather than the SAD choices of wheat/corn/dairy.

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much
We are all in this together!
Namasté

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 05, 2009 10:00PM

Somewhere I got the idea in my head that grains were wrapped with inhibitors. Natures way to protect the eggs from being consumed. I thought the only way to safely consume them was by sprouting? Maybe? I know when I gave em up I felt better immediately. Are you sure your eating enough?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables