Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

correct fruit Combining
Posted by: Hellokitty ()
Date: June 14, 2009 10:09AM

I have bought a book on food conbining, The book says to eat fruit at least 3 hours after a meal. or in the morrning on its own.

I need to know about bananas though would you eat a banana and then a peach. or is the peach too watery and you should wait to eat the peach?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: correct fruit Combining
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: June 14, 2009 11:43AM

A simple guide to food combining is to eat faster digesting items first. In my experience, very watery....non-fibrous...non-starchy fruits like melon will leave the stomach in 30-60 minutes. Starchy/fibrous fruits like banana can be up to 60 minutes. Fibrous vegetables can be from 60 minutes to 2 hours. Nuts can be from 2-4 hours.

So: You'll want to eat the fast digesting stuff first - as a general rule. Note: As a beginner....its more about the volume of raw food....and less about the 'rules'! Heh..heh. smiling smiley

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: June 14, 2009 12:39PM

davidzanemason Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A simple guide to food combining is to eat faster
> digesting items first.
Or you could eat something 'heavy' first, and not eat
again until it has cleared. That's why I'm a big believer in
Mono-meals. If you eat a wide variety of foods, it's difficult to
combine foods that digest together...WY

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: June 14, 2009 01:41PM

You could just eat fruit all day and not worry about eating anything else but greens. winking smiley

But yeah, mono meal or experiment to see what fruits are okay for YOU to combine. Some people have trouble; others don't.

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: June 14, 2009 02:26PM

I just eat mono meals..makes life easier, cleaner..sweeter!! much better digestion

yeah dont stress too much, do what feels right, you will soon learn what doesnt work for you!!

Posted by: loeve ()
Date: June 14, 2009 02:45PM

Hellokitty,
Your 3 avocado w/ veggies dinner posted on the other thread sounds like good fruit combining.. fruit with greens -- Matt Monarch might agree..

"A lot of attention in the Raw Food movement is focused on Food Combining. All Raw Foods combine well together if cooked food is not presant. However, if you are eating a massive quantities like the salad I used to eat, then you may want to watch your food combining a bit more. I would never put a granule of sugar with my 3 avocado large salad because I knew what the consequence would be..." [mattmonarch.blogspot.com]

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: June 14, 2009 05:33PM

Bryan posted this link to food combining a few times and its worth a good read .. check out chapter 22 and 23 smiling smiley

[www.rawfoodexplained.com]

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: June 14, 2009 07:06PM

I will sometimes eat fruit late in the day after eating whatever. I seem to really like fresh grapes pulled off a cluster as a "popcorn" like snack when watching a movie or TV show. I don't use a clock to time my meals but rather I use my "appistat" when switching food groups. If you will notice the body provides a signal when it is ready, willing, and able to accept foods. This signal starts as a very slight hunger signal and progresses in intensity until it becomes quite difficult to resist. I wait for an early, weak signal and then go for it. I have never experienced any digestion discomfort listening to and acting in harmony with my "appistat". Good luck.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables