Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Sugar intake,
Posted by: Hellokitty ()
Date: June 10, 2009 08:06PM

Today I had 6 banans for breakfast and then 10 dates

I was wondering about the sugar intake of this. Does that effect anyone? I have heard fruit has a high sugar.

I have felt better almost strait away from doing this. No digestive pain today. No going to the loo a lot. Hmm that’s not what I expected through a lot of fruit.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sugar intake,
Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: June 10, 2009 08:36PM

This is the best fuel for our bodies. It gives us the energy we need.

Posted by: Healthybun ()
Date: June 10, 2009 08:57PM

Remember to run those sugars out into the bloodstream and sugar-thisty-cells.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: June 10, 2009 09:10PM

My experience:

Fruit sugars are not the same as refined sugars....and digest rather easily. Some folks have problems with pre-existing conditions....and would be better off sticking to greens and sprouts for the bulk of their initial diet. In any event, some folks also do well with good food combining....and making sure that they are not mixing foods (fruits) with other foods in such as way that it causes them a problem. In short, you should not have any problems....although I would limit processed sugars like dried dates and other dried items....at least in the long-term. smiling smiley Good questions.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Hellokitty ()
Date: June 14, 2009 10:45AM

Thanks for the comment guys. healthybun what do you mean by running the sugars out?

And if you eat mostly greens how do you keep engough calories. This is where I had problems last time.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: June 14, 2009 04:35PM

I think the body is better able to recognize and use nutrients that are incorporated into a living plants structure and this includes sugar.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 15, 2009 06:05PM

I agree with DZM, fruit sugars are nowhere near similar to refined sugar. But I find that for myself, it's important to find a good medium between the consumption of sugary fruits and neutralizing greens and vegetables. Although I see nothing wrong with the fruitarian diet if it's practiced using quality, nutrient rich organic fruits, I think that it's most beneficial to most to include enough greens and similar foods to balance them out.

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: June 17, 2009 01:42AM

It depends on your body. I know if I have drunk too much sweet fruit juice or eaten too much sweet fruit. I feel it in my bones. It feels like they are cringing. That's the only way I can describe it. Also, I feel so uncomfortable like someone is trying to squeeze me and I need to throw up. It takes 15-20 mins for me to settle after drinking alot of water.

If so much sweet fruit works for your body, do it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables