Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Extreme Fatigue
Posted by: fluteye ()
Date: June 21, 2009 01:09PM

I've been raw for almost 6 months now and have not had a problem until now. I had a bout of rather severe diarrhea this week that lasted for 2 days. I think I might have traced it to the raw unsoaked pumpkin seeds but I can't be sure. I really didn't eat that many of them, but that's the only different thing I'd been eating. Now I have extreme fatigue. It practically hurts to walk up the stairs or expend any energy. This is the 2nd day of this now. And I am experiencing cooked food cravings, although there is no way I will give in. I eat lots of greens including salads and a green drink everyday. Also fruit and a handful of nuts every once in a while. I want to go to our Raw Foods restaurant to get something more substantial since my salads and fruit is just not satisfying me.
Has anyone else experienced this and is their a solution? I've been kind of looking around for a free blood screening to see if that would help me get to the bottom of it.
Thank You--Linda

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Extreme Fatigue
Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: June 21, 2009 02:13PM

I'd give it a few days, get plenty of rest.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: June 21, 2009 03:33PM

not sure but maybe you ate some raw food that had mold on it

i recall two people telling me that they accidentally ate mold

one dude had visual impairment and he told me how he had almost finished eating an entire peach before he realized i had mold on it

another person told me that they were eating an apple and then realized that it was 'rotten' after eating almost half of it

things like this happen

and also sometimes u can eat prepared raw food that was "left over" too long and it then gets moldy but it is undetectable

don't be disheartened

maybe go on a little juice fast

til things get on a more even keel

Posted by: fluteye ()
Date: June 21, 2009 04:17PM

Thanks guys--

Veronique--you could be right--sometimes, being the only raw fooder in my household, things can sit in my frig for a while. And being cost conscious I really hate to throw out food. I do a juice fast every Monday so maybe after tomorrow things will clear up. I'm sure it's not serious, but I hate being so cranky 'cos everything is such an effort.

Linda

Posted by: chrisbeau ()
Date: June 22, 2009 03:31PM

You may be going thru a detox..which can cause extreme discomfort and feelings of malaise and fatigue. or you may need to eat something more substantial. I suggest you go to your raw foods restaurant.. and have a meal there.. Make sure you are eating enough.

Salads are not always enough! Eat good foods, but don't be starving yourself...and don't eat to many things that convert to sugar.. Even good sugar is sugar.. and sugar is best only in very small amounts.

Get yourself a raw foods recipe book...a food processor, a juicer and a dehydrator if you can afford to.. make things like flax crackers and kale chips in case you need something a little more substantial in between.

Also, you may need an enema..or series of enemas to release impurities and icky nasty stuff from the colon.. When you have pain... always think 'enema'...

I've ben vegan and at least 80% raw for 25 years now and have made many mistakes along the way. Its not always 'uphill'... Consult with an educated doctor.. like Fred Bisci.. or someone who has experience.. I hope this helps..

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: June 22, 2009 04:28PM

Extreme fatigue is part of the healing process. For me, at one point I needed to take 4 months leave from work so that my body could get over its acute fatigue that arose out of my improvements in my diet and lifestyle. But after that 4 months of not working and sleeping as much as 16 - 18 hours a day, I felt great.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables