Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Ketosis
Posted by: Hellokitty ()
Date: June 21, 2009 12:29PM

I estimated you need 10 to 9 bananas a day to get 230g of carbohydrate in your diet. Is this correct. And will this prevent serious Ketosis.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ketosis
Posted by: wendysmiling ()
Date: June 21, 2009 12:51PM

Ketosis usually goes hand in hand with low carb diets, NOT raw vegan diets. I doubt you have a ketosis problem because you had a bed taste in your mouth. Please try not to stress over every little thing. It will hinder your healing. Eat raw, eat simply, and focus on that. The taste in your mouth is most likely a little detox.

(huggs)

WendySmiling in Oklahoma
www.16weeks2health.blogspot.com
12/17/10.......240/155/125

Date: June 21, 2009 05:08PM

Ok. That sounds like good advice. I do stress over every little thing. It is true

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: June 21, 2009 05:20PM

I like to see how my body feels to determine how much to eat. When my body says "I'm full", then I quit eating. Until then, assuming it is feeling good to continue to eat, I eat.

Date: June 21, 2009 05:36PM

I think my problem is, is that I worry over what the doctors say. ive been listening to doctors for most of my life, The thing is when it comes to colitis they don't really seem to know anything. They seem to guess. They don't even know how to diagnose it most of the time.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: June 21, 2009 05:49PM

how was listening to doctors workin out for you?

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: June 21, 2009 05:51PM

stop stressing!!!

Date: June 21, 2009 06:01PM

Hellokitty,

One of the secrets of succeeding on the raw diet is being able to heal the wisdom of the body, that is, to ignore what the experts and professionals are saying about healing and to go inside and find out the truth for yourself. I wrote a post a while back talking about this called Raw authority.

Date: June 21, 2009 06:04PM

Hellokitty,

You might also want to check out an article I wrote called "Success on the raw foods diet"

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: June 21, 2009 06:15PM

Hellokitty,

To loosely quote Bryan's post above, read my sig!

Date: June 21, 2009 07:02PM

Thanks Bryan. This quote ment alot to me. It is so true that we don't learn to trust our selves. And so we always trun to someone else. I feel so much better after reading this.

I am also interested in your recepies. They look so tasty. One said about organic wheat. How would you get this raw. Do you have to get grains and soak them. Let me know Im always interested in receipies.

When they no longer trust themselves,
they begin to depend upon authority.

Date: June 22, 2009 10:12AM

Utopian Life Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> how was listening to doctors workin out for you?

I wouldent be here if the doctors were helping me. Nor would Paul Nison. If the doctos gave him a pill and he walked out of the hospital just fine. and never had any problems again he wouldent have found raw foods. The same goes for a lot of people. Its not that people want to eat unhealthy its just sometimes we don't know any better. We have been brought up in a fast food culture and don't know what is healthy and what is not. When I was growing up in colorado and I was ill. My mon and dad would go buy soda pop to make me feel better. In italy when children are ill they drink spirulina. And in England when my Aunt was a child (not now a days) they were given fresly squeesed orange juice. Strange how we evloved into thinking coke a cola would make you better. I hate industry.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables