Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

what to do with bananas going bad?
Posted by: Haida ()
Date: December 03, 2008 09:15PM

Hi all
I have ended up with 5 bananas on the verge of rotting.
The skins are all dark brown and the bananas are very soft. A bit too soft for my taste. I remember my mom making banana bread whenever this happened. Does anyone have any good raw recipes for these bananas. I'm keeping them in the fridge for now.

Haida

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what to do with bananas going bad?
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: December 03, 2008 09:18PM

i throw then in the blender sometimes with a bit of coconut milk to make it thinner depending how ripe they are .. then scoop the gooey mass into container an freeze it .. makes a yummy icecream type desert smiling smiley

or go online an look up homemade facial, face masks, body scrubs and use em up that way smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2008 09:18PM by Jgunn.

Posted by: SurfinBird ()
Date: December 03, 2008 09:43PM

Or you can just freeze them whole (after peeling the skins) and use them for smoothies. This is what I do.

Posted by: Haida ()
Date: December 03, 2008 10:30PM

thanks, sounds good!

Posted by: suvine ()
Date: December 04, 2008 02:09AM

MASK ON YOUR FACE YUMMY SO GOOD until it dries

Posted by: debbietook ()
Date: December 04, 2008 06:45AM

If they're just a bit soft, put them into a smoothie. If you really think they've gone off, don't eat them at all.

Posted by: Choco ()
Date: December 06, 2008 08:09AM

You can also mix your super ripe bananas with ground up raw almonds ( made into a almond meal in your food processor) and some dates and a whole scraped a vanilla bean. Adding dried coconut flakes to the mix is an optional and tasty touch if you enjoy coconut as much as I do. Blend together till the banana mixture looks like a firm, just blended dough.
Then roll dough into balls, flatten with a fork and dehydrate in your Excalibur till dry but still soft and pliable. If you don't have a dehydrator in your possesion you can simply roll the almond-banana dough into truffle balls and just chill untill firm. They are great that way too.

Yummmm. winking smiley

PEACE
Choco

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables