Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

the green drink
Posted by: mtrddog ()
Date: June 23, 2009 08:40PM

I know that a green drink is made up of greens and some fruit and any additons made to it , but my wife (which is not even vegan) came to me with a thought . she bought this greens in a jar it's called "Vitamineral Green by healthforce Nutritionals" now she says that I should mix that with some fruit , with some of my Maca that way we don't run out of greens all the time running back to the store , now is this product a sub for greens in a drink , I'm now 6days on raw food, my health is doing somewhat better (passed a kidney stone on sunday)still flushing out my kidneys so thanks Zeb

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: the green drink
Posted by: frances ()
Date: June 23, 2009 08:48PM

Vitamineral Green is a good product. You can see an interview with the owner of the company here. I don't think that any dried product can or should replace fresh greens in your diet, if you want more greens than you can get fresh then a scoop of Vitamineral Green now and then may be the right thing for you.

For myself, lately I'm craving huge quantities of greens, and I'm willing to go to the jar once or twice a week for a convenient greens boost.

edit: Hey! YouTube is down. I don't think I've ever seen that before.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2009 08:49PM by frances.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: June 23, 2009 09:24PM

mtrddog,

I agree that powdered green drink, even if wholesome in the way it's processed, should not be a routine substitute for living green plant matter. I know it's a drag to go to the market to buy them every few days, but living greens are so much better for you than anything dehydrated.

frances,

YouTube down? It's the end of the wooooooorld . . . .

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: June 24, 2009 01:10AM

I do take a few tablespoons of Barley Green each day, but I do not use it as a sub. for the real thing. As the others mentioned, I would either stop by the market when needed, or maybe buy a bit more & then put them in the freezer to keep from going bad.

I have done that in the past with no problems. Take them out of the freezer, throw them in the blender & you already have the ice factor without having to use ice cubes!

I will also cut of extra fruit & freeze it for the same purpose.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: June 24, 2009 02:08AM

Do both or just fresh greens. Don't eliminate fresh greens!! smiling smiley

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: June 24, 2009 02:51AM

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't trust foods to be truly raw that have a shelf life of 99 years.
I wonder if greens in a jar has a longer shelf life then a Twinkie ?

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: June 24, 2009 03:32AM

I sometimes take Wheat Grass Powder from Pines International.
However, I never make the mistake of thinking I'm getting any
nutrition from it. I use it for other reasons....(1) It tastes good.
(2) It curbs hunger. (3) It provides good fiber. (4) It's quick with
very little mess.
For Nutrition, there's nothing like Wheatgrass Juice from home-grown
wheatgrass....WY
P.S. Here's an interesting video put out by Pines International.

[wheatgrass.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables