Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

another question on fruit
Posted by: all4greens ()
Date: June 23, 2009 07:24AM

I hear some people say that to much fruit is bad. I am just over 2wks into the life style and my energy is so poor I feel like I am missing somethiing. I hear other people boast of imed. feeling so much better and a boost in their energy. I try to eat most of my fruit in the morn. and mid day then I do a green juice then maybee some cuke salad then a really big chopped salad with minimul salad dressing of a low fat nature sometime in the eve a 1/2 avacado with lemon. I am still craving things of a salty savory nature and understand that with time this will slow down with every good choice that I make.But why don't I feel any better? is it just to many years of toxidity. I had tried in the past to limit my fruit intake to 3-4 pcs a day and had no energy at all, and was not able to stay on the program without the variety.I just don't like salads that much to try to eat them as a primary bulk of the diet, even though I have learned to like them more than in the past. So do i just need to hang in and be patient. I also will try to break between meals a bit and see if that helps as in the topic earlier to see if this helps my situation.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: another question on fruit
Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: June 23, 2009 11:38AM

I don't think there's a such thing as too much fruit. I think whatever you can fit in your stomach comfortably that is ripe/fresh is awesome and all the better for yoru body.

Date: June 23, 2009 05:38PM

do you try to take breaks between eating?

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: June 23, 2009 07:56PM

I tend to agree with Utopian Life about the fruit - at least in my case!

I eat lots of fruit. I eat much more fruit than anything else. BUT:

-Some rawfooders have trouble eating fruit and thrive on greens.
-Some rawfooders have trouble eating nuts/seeds and thrive on fruits and greens.
-Some rawfooders have trouble eating greens and thrive on fruits and nuts/seeds.
-Some rawfooders have trouble eating sprouted grains/legumes and thrive on whatever.

And many rawfooders might have trouble eating something at first, and later that same thing might be just fine.

It's human nature for a person who is thriving on a particular regimen to recommend the same regimen to everybody else. But we're all a little different!

Right now I'm reading "I Live On Fruit", by Essie Honiball. When she wrote the book, she'd been eating only fruit and nuts for 15 years (with a few transgressions) and was in excellent health. She went straight from bad diet to fruit only. She said that in the beginning, she had no energy, but was able to recover to an amazing level of health and felt much better at 50 than when she started eating fruit in her 30s.

You might need to find out for yourself which foods your own body likes the best. Eat more of those and less of the others (raw). Keep experimenting until you find out what works well for you.

I'd say just make sure to brush your teeth or rinse your mouth after eating fruit. A saltwater rinse is helpful. My understanding is that fruit is alkaline inside the body, but acid in the mouth.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2009 07:58PM by suncloud.

Date: June 23, 2009 08:36PM

Thanks both of you I feel as though fruit is necessary for me. I have epstien barr and sarcoidosis and have always refused the trad. drugs prednesone after doing research. I think I also need greens but not as much as fruit, but more than anything patience to let the food be my medicine, after all I didn't get this way over night. suz

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: June 23, 2009 10:15PM

Good for you suz for pursuing a healthier life!

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: June 24, 2009 02:51PM

This low energy may be your body doing its detoxification process. For myself, I had to take 4 months off from work when my healing crisis came, and during that time I would sleep 16 to 18 hours a day. But afterward I felt great.

I have always eaten a lot of fruit with my raw diet. I mostly eat fruit right now.

It may be that nothing in your diet is causing your low energy. As you said, you have some healing to do. What you can do to support this healing is when you are feeling low energy, go home, go to bed, and sleep until your energy comes back. The more sleep you get during this time the faster your body will heal.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables