Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I've been veg/vegan for years, but I don't love dark greens. Help?
Posted by: sixxmum ()
Date: June 27, 2009 08:41PM

I know this diet is going to require a decent intake of dark greens, but, I have a hard time with them. I can eat a baby spinach salad, or a couple of leaves of kale or collard, but I quickly start getting icked by it. The idea of drinking it leaves me so nonplussed that I can't even get started. Any advice?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I've been veg/vegan for years, but I don't love dark greens. Help?
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: June 27, 2009 09:18PM

sixxmum,

I always juice or blend my dark, robust-tasting leafy greens with sweet fruit, like bananas or ripe berries, and a little bit of lemon juice and peeled cucumber. When I make a smoothie this way, the taste is indescribably pleasant-- cool, sweet, tangy, just very nice. Sometimes, we have psychological blocks against consuming certain foods, but I figure, if there are people here who have subsisted on Big Macs and have despised the taste of fruits and vegetables, but are managing somehow to like what they used to avoid eating, I can do this too.

Posted by: frances ()
Date: June 28, 2009 04:40PM

People can do very well on diets including only a small amount of greens. If you aren't enjoying them right now, then your body is probably telling you that you should concentrate on eating lots of fruits right now. If you enjoy salads and only a few other greens, then that's enough for now. Your tastes may change over time, which I would interpret as an indication that your body's needs have changed.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 28, 2009 05:57PM

Try 1/3 black kale, 1/3 celery or more, 1 cucumber and a small piece fresh ginger...lite tasting blood cleanser. Kale is high in calicum,lutein, iron and vitamins A C K E, photochemicals sulforaphane & indoles which researchers say protect against cancer, and ginger is good for circulation and nausea.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables