Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Musings & Ponderings as I began my journey.........
Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: June 28, 2009 05:06AM

Ok, why do I feel like a failure today? I was in a rush to get to church, so I ate a pint of blueberries and felt great til lunchtime. Of course it was potluck at church today, but I went prepared with my hurriedly-grabbed avocado, plum, & tomato. All 3 filled me up and I was sufficiently full til later in the evening. Met with our friends at our usual Saturday night haunt and resisted the urge for sugary snacks, so drank a big bottle of water. But then the hungries really hit hard and I told hubby that we needed to get home SOON before I lost my will-power and chomped down onto something UN-RAW!! *LOL*

We were both hungry, so we grabbed some movies on the way home and I made a big yummy salad with baby spinach, spring onions, avocado, tomatoes, and celery. It was so yummy that I don't even miss the dressing any more. I also ate a couple raw almonds and a couple organic black mission figs.

The PROBLEM is that it's really late at night and I feel like I'm all messed up because I try not to eat really late at night. I don't feel gross or "heavy" full, but very satisfied and not hungry any more. We just finished our movie and it's nearly 1:00am and I feel like I should feel GUILTY for eating all that stuff so late at night, but I keep reminding myself that it's all RAW !!!

Am I crazy or what?? It also suddenly hit me today that I will have to give up my favorites like Chinese and Indian foods and other things like that and I got really depressed and panicked. I guess this is the "purging" part where everything suddenly starts to hit you and you have to FACE the demons!! *ugg*

Anyone else going through or gone through this confusion or am I totally nuts? *sigh* Thanks for the listening ears..... er ........ eyes. =)

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Musings & Ponderings as I began my journey.........
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: June 28, 2009 05:50AM

If I ate as little as you ate I would be hungry too. Here's what I ate yesterday:

2pm: 9 mangos
7pm: 10 pounds of watermelon. A salad of 1 head of romaine lettuce, a large cucumber, 1/2 pint of cherry tomatoes, a pint of clover sprouts, a dressing of orange juice, sundried tomatoes, cilantro, celery, and 1/4 cup hempseeds all blended.

Posted by: all4greens ()
Date: June 28, 2009 10:44AM

I think you did great, I also am new to raw but have studied the veg/vegan/raw for years while my health slowly declined while I traveled to all parts of the world and ate indian food in India, Japanese food in Japan, french food in France, and so on and so on.I could go on about all my health probs but I think that is just rewinding a bunch of negativity in my mind and passing it off to you. What I do know is in 3 weeks of eating raw for the first time I can remember I had a fairly normal monthly cycle nearly pain free. Last month I nearly went to E.R. but I was traveling from Fl. to Ca. and did not want to go to the hosp in a strange city. I am certin that with time even much of the discomfort I felt this month will pass. I find this to be a great victory, and each time I make the choice to eat in a manor that I know is going to feed my body what it needs to heal it is a victory.So don't sweat the small stuff it only compounds the prob. just say your human and life is always throwing new situations that give us new opportunities to make it better.Hope this helps Suz

Posted by: ROIRRAW ()
Date: June 28, 2009 11:43AM

You need to eat plenty,especially when you start this first or cooked food cravings may bother you occasionally! If your stuffed full of good raw food , your not going to be worried about Chinese or Indian foods or when you start thinking about them, go fill yourself up with something raw and it will pass. The big thing I've learned from going raw is that ,its not that hard.Don't tell yourself its hard because then you'll start to experience it that way. Just don't take no crap from yourself! THis is something your doing , so you may as well just get on with it. When you make that commitment at a deep level its free's up the energy we would otherwise waste dreaming about cooked food buffets! Also focus on the positive aspects of eating raw and the negative aspects of cooked food. So when you smell a lovely indian curry, imagine the bloated feeling and the negative effects these kind of foods have on our health over time.

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: June 28, 2009 01:40PM

If I start my day with a big green smoothie (a head of lettuce, 2T ground flax seeds, 1t. agave and about four pieces of fresh fruit, lately) I feel very satisfied until afternoon. I am still not 100% raw and am battling the same things, but I know that I'm eating better than I used to. Roirraw is right -- and as I am more conscious of what the effects of the cooked foods I eat are on my body (and psyche), I am training myself to become more committed to raw. I am also weeding out the really bad for me cooked foods first: wheat, coffee, etc. It's definitely a process. Just do your best and keep moving forward. Another thing is the ratio of exercise to the lack of desire for bad food -- I feel less inclined to blow my food choices when I have been working out on a regular basis.

Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: June 28, 2009 09:53PM

ROIRRAW Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So when you smell a lovely indian
> curry, imagine the bloated feeling and the
> negative effects these kind of foods have on our
> health over time.

You are SOOOOO right!! I LOVED the food, but hated the after-affects.... bloating, fatigue, cloudy-foggy mental function, sleepy....... So thanks so much for that reminder! Hubby and I had to attend a family birthday party today and we both ride motorcycles, so I packed a huge container of grapes, blueberries, and bags of raw nuts to pack into my bike-pack and took it with me. The food there smelled and looked wonderful, but I sat AWAY from it and stuffed myself on the raw stuff. Family members were asking questions and I told them all how AMAZED I am to be feeling SOOOO much better already, after such a short time. So I need to keep reminding myself of that comparison.

Thanks again and love to you ALL !!

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables