Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

mostly for the ladies
Posted by: all4greens ()
Date: July 01, 2009 11:47AM

I kind of have mixed feelings. I have been raw and done fairly well for over 3 wks with a few indiscretions usually a boiled redskin potato in the eve if my tummy rumbles will not quit, this quit after 2wks then my monthly cycle begins. On a regular month on my cycle the cramps are severe and I take 4advil every 4hrs for about 4 days about a yr ago I began to add a liquid angstrom magnesium that helped for a while, I also recently added vitex. This month I only had to take the advil maybee 5-6 times all together(I did eat a small amount of brown rice whil taking the advil as I was not certin that fruit would be enough to protect my stomach). I realize this must take a toll on my liver kidneys and prob. other organs but I could not function otherwise.So now that things are winding down should I try to do some kind of cleanse liver, kidney... or just focus on raw and carry on and let the food do the healing, because some times I cringe at doing the cleanses(usually Dr Shulzes) as the are so horrible, I dont know if I could stand it right now.What do you think?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: mostly for the ladies
Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: July 01, 2009 12:00PM

wow, hun, you have my sympathy, sounds like you go through some serious pain there. But good news that you have been able to reduce your medication - does it feel like the raw diet is changing things for the better?

I would personally not bother with cleanses/fasts etc so early on, I'm a fan of taking it slow and easing your body into its new pattern of eating... although I'm sure some people on here will disagree.

Posted by: Clairebear ()
Date: July 01, 2009 08:33PM

I would just keep eating raw.
I'm sorry I can't imagine.. I NEVER get cramps.

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: July 02, 2009 06:43AM

I used angus castus when mine were very bad, it does help

eating raw will help, it takes time, only after a year or so did mine finally go

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: July 02, 2009 08:10AM

I never get cramps either
can't imagine

feel badly for you
well, i guess you are on this forum and asking that question because you feel a connection between going raw and reducing the pain of cramps

so i guess you already have your answer

Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: July 02, 2009 02:29PM

I would definitely give the Vitex a couple months, but you have to take them faithfully EVERY DAY! I take - Two 500mg caps twice daily (Breakfast / Lunch). I notice a difference if I miss them even a few days. If I stick to the plan, they work the miracles I need them to work. Hang in there and give them some time. It may take a couple months to really be noticeable for you. I also definitely recommend a RAW diet, or at least as raw as you can tolerate, and also a cleanse. Might make a huge difference. I still have to take an Advil or two on occasion, as some months are better than others, but they're NOTHING AT ALL like they used to be and I can function again. Hang in there and keep us posted.

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Posted by: OkunDeji ()
Date: July 03, 2009 01:24AM

Hey All4greens
This raw food lifestyle definitely has helped reduce my PMS symptoms and blood flow. However mine were not as bad as you describe, still... It does take time about 5 months 80 % raw b4 I saw a marked difference.
Keep it up smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2009 01:25AM by OkunDeji.

Posted by: all4greens ()
Date: July 03, 2009 10:57AM

Thanks for all the comments I really like OkunDeji which gave a bit of a time line of 5 months. I have had a difficul time this month but better than last month. I did have to eat some cooked food which at the time frustrated me(brown rice and potatos) but I have decided not to let it get me down my proggress has been good and will get better, I feel this forum helps give me the support to achieve my best. Suz

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 03, 2009 04:09PM

in the mean time you can ask a doctor for a prescription for anaprox or a variant (that's just the brand name of a pain killer that is specific to menstrual pain). i used to suffer horribly, passing out and vomiting etc, and this medication worked within 20 minutes w one dose. i mean zero pain, as if it had never been at all. certainly worth it to eliminate the multiple tablets you are taking now.
a hot water bottle, a back massage, woman's herbal tea and rest and tender care of yourself are some other remedies i relied on. in this culture women are expected to take pills and get back to work, perhaps a sympathetic doctor might write you a note excusing you from work/school or whatever one or two days monthly so you can take care of yourself when you very much need to.

much sympathy to you my dear, i know how you feel.

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: July 04, 2009 03:00AM

Hi all4, I had terrible periods that lasted anywhere from 2-3 weeks or 1.5 weeks with one off and then anther followed for 2 weeks of bleeding. I've had cramps so bad that I couldn't function or sleep. I went through a Super pad in 40 minutes at times. That's how bad it was.

I found that doing Yoga helps. Part of the problem was misalignment of my back, neck, and hip. I also found that my calcium/magnesium balance was off. I started taking liquid calcium/magnesium whenever I need it. (Can determine by doing muscle test.) The magnesium helps the muscles relax. This is also true if one is having a heart attack. Also, Red Raspberry leaf tea works wonders in regulating the hormones. Parasite zapping and detoxing your environment helps, too. (Read Hulda Clark's "The Cure for All Diseases". The last step is raw food. Since becoming modified raw (I'm not currently eating 100% raw at the moment), I have release at least 8 growths and my last period was uncomfortable for sure but not bent over with pain and afraid that I will bleed over type of symptoms. In fact, I had signed up to go Ziplining (Zipping through trees on a zipline) a couple of months prior and I started my period the afternoon before. I was concerned b/c the second day is usually my heaviest flow. (It used to be my 2nd and 3rd days or more.) I arrived to the Zipline tour company and asked them if they had facilities while zipping b/c I heard it was 3 hours long. They said "No." Was I ever concerned. I didn't think I was going to make it 3 hours without a nearby restroom and especially being harnessed up in rappelling gear. I looked for additional protection in addition to what I had but they didn't have any. I then doubled up on what I had and then prayed. Fortunately and surprisingly, I was fine. The last period only lasted for 5 days rather than the 7 that they have been for a while. I was really excited to see that they are getting shorter and easier.

I would advise against any additional medications. Do Reiki on your hip region when the pains are intense. Do the Downward Facing Dog. Use a more natural form of feminine protection rather than the more plastic kind. Do the parasite zapping. Drink Red Raspberry Leaf Tea. Take liquid calcium/magnesium. Eat raw. Drink 1-2 young coconuts if you lose alot of blood to replenish the loss.

Good luck. Therese

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables