Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Today was especially hard for some reason.....
Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: July 04, 2009 02:14AM

I'm not sure why today was so hard, but the temptations and struggles were abounding. For some reason I was extremely HUNGRY today. I drank 3 quarts of juice (all containing: Apples, Carrots, Celery, & Kale). Then we ate dinner at friends' home and that was especially hard because her cooked food looked and SMELLED sooooo awesome!! I had brought plenty of fruit, but neglected to bring anything like nuts or avocado, so I had to fill up on more watermelon, cantaloupe, tomatoes, and fresh cherries. Thankfully I resisted the temptations all around me, but IT WAS HARD !!!

We then went to our favorite hang-out where we like to get hot drinks and sit to visit and socialize. It's been a big change for me because I now just order water when we go, and still have fun, but I was HUNGRY again today for some reason. By the time we left, I was dying to get home and EAT something crunchy and chewy and nourishing. The first thing I grabbed was a banana and dipped it into raw sunflower seeds, and boy was that YUMMY !!!!!!!!! Really satisfied the craving for something more "heavy," if that makes sense.

Any thoughts or suggestions? I get worried when I get especially hungry because I am still learning how to balance my diet and daily food in-take, but don't want to cave into cravings when they hit me at the wrong times and places and when I am un-prepared.

How do you all handle these situations?
Thanks again for being such an awesome support group! Love you all!!

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Today was especially hard for some reason.....
Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: July 04, 2009 02:23AM

Wow, 3 quarts of juice is great! I am an avid juicer, but I am usually hard pressed to get that much in one day. I will sometimes take dehydrated foods along to social hang outs, or bananas, etc. I address my cravings ahead of time & make sure I am mentally prepared for what is coming.

In the beginning, those around me tried to encourage me to cave in, but they don't usually bother me anymore. It is funny, though; they used to watch me to see if they could catch me cheating.

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: July 04, 2009 03:08AM

plainlydressed Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thankfully I resisted the temptations all around
> me, but IT WAS HARD !!!

> Any thoughts or suggestions?
I would suggest that no matter what situation you're
in, stay Raw. Don't yield to even the smallest amount of cooked
food, even if you have to binge on Raw. You'll feel better about
yourself, and the people around you will respect you for your
stance.....plus, you'll look 10 times better than the pudgy
cooked-food eaters. Haven't you noticed?.....WY

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2009 03:09AM by Wheatgrass Yogi.

Date: July 04, 2009 03:10AM

*Grin*

Thanks, Wheatgrass Yogi, for the shot in the arm. I needed that. It was hard, but I DID resist, and only wanted to come back home and log in here to find support from my new friends. Thanks again for helping me to hang in there.

{{Green Hugs}} to you all. =)

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 04, 2009 03:41AM

yea i agree ! celebrate your achievements ! 3 quarts of juice is great smiling smiley AND you got a great reminder to be more prepared (taking nuts seeds avos etc) so a lesson learned is a good thing smiling smiley

way to go ! smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: July 04, 2009 08:08AM

plainlydressed

Any thoughts or suggestions? I get worried when I get especially hungry because I am still learning how to balance my diet and daily food in-take, but don't want to cave into cravings when they hit me at the wrong times and places and when I am un-prepared.

I monitor my hunger signals very closely for the earliest, weak, slightly hungry signal I can detect and then I eat something. I usually just have a small meal but not always but I never have a really large meal because I know that my apistat is seeking balance between hunger and satiation and because of the time to digest foods the apistat is a lagging indicator. By being sensitive to an early weak signal I am able to stay in my comfort zone without body needs becoming a factor. Then if you know that your not going to eat SAD and you arn't getting a hunger signal you can forget about food and enjoy the festivities. The weak hunger signals are such a help because it makes it easy to avoid the harder to deal with strong hunger signals that cause people to overeat and/or yield to cravings for foods that really don't belong in the body. Using the body signals to time my eating is so mellow feeling because 99% of the time is spent in the comfort zone sweet spot of being neither hungry nor to full.

Date: July 04, 2009 05:21PM

Excellent thoughts and suggestions! THANK YOU ALL !! =)

—Thomas Jefferson

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables