Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

One Woman Garlic Bonanza
Posted by: CJJ ()
Date: July 09, 2009 04:52AM

Anyone else experience this / know what it's about:

Last week I had a pretty big cooked (vegan) binge - this week I'm back at about 80% raw. Typically, in the past, when I'm raw I really can't stand a lot of raw garlic (too strong!). I might use like a quarter of a clove in a dressing. Now? I cannot get enough. It thought it might be something along the lines of seeking out an overstimulating taste. (Maybe weening off the two boxes of 'Health is Wealth' Vegan buffalo wings I scarfed last week)?

I've been downing about half a bulb of garlic a day. I wouldn't say it's a problem per se, I would just rather not stink so badly at work (er..and even worse, stink up the bathroom at work). Also I'm really curious what this insatiable garlic lust is all about...I feel like my body is trying to tell me something, but all I can hear is "mooooore garlic."

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: One Woman Garlic Bonanza
Posted by: veganreikiangel ()
Date: July 09, 2009 07:52AM

Hmmm....I love garlic too....tho generally not that much....at least not raw!
Maybe your body needs something in the garlic....or perhaps you instinctively know you need it to fight off some sort of infection?
Hmm....

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: July 09, 2009 02:14PM

that's what I'm thinking -- the garlic has amazing antibiotic and antifungal properties.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 09, 2009 03:17PM

Ditto--I say eat it until your body says, "halt!"

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 09, 2009 04:04PM

Careful with garlic as it can irritate the gut lining and the allicin has been shown to damage red blood cells in a lab.

Posted by: CJJ ()
Date: July 09, 2009 11:51PM

Yikes! Thanks for the heads up SuperInfinity!

I did notice my glands were really swollen this morning and sticking out of my neck, I may be fighting off a cold or seasonal allergies...

Thanks folks!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables