Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Celtic sea salt
Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: July 10, 2009 12:44PM

Hi Folks,
Has anyone ever used Celtic sea salt for anything?
Internally or externally?
I was reading its good for minerals,and good for overall blood Ph balance.
Can it be aggravating to things like gout?
Arthritis?

It is supposed to be drastically different,and better,than normal table salt,or even standard sea salt.

Vinny

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2009 12:47PM by eaglefly.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Celtic sea salt
Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: July 10, 2009 01:04PM

put it in the bath

scrub off dead skin with it...

thats about it!!

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: July 10, 2009 01:27PM

Sodium can be organic (plant based) or it can be inorganic (chemical) and it makes a big difference which type you are putting in your body. For more info check out this site: [www.cspinet.org]

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 10, 2009 02:47PM

Vinny,

I use Celtic sea salt sparingly in food preparation. I can feel my need for added sodium receding, however.

Date: July 10, 2009 03:23PM

Thanks for your input folks.
I guess I am the type of person always on the lookout for magic powders and potions,rather than just relying on good organic fresh raw produce for ALL my needs.

Vinny

Posted by: debbietook ()
Date: July 10, 2009 04:42PM

Celtic sea salt is not drastically different from table salt. Table salt is around 99% sodium chloride, and CSS is 84% sodium chloride. So both are still mostly sodium chloride.

Sure, the remainder of Celtic sea salt is made up with minerals that haven't been extracted (as in table salt). These are simply the minerals that are found in the sea. I have a list of the 84 and these include lots you will have heard of, lots you won't have heard of, and, within the list we find arsenic, mercury, etc and others not normally associated with health. (Having said that, they're in such tiny,) tiny, tiny amounts you might come across them in some raw fruit and veg as well!

The minerals in the list that are commonly associated with health can all be found in greater amounts in plant foods. I've made careful checks with regard to each one.

Try to get your sodium in plant food form, and keep sodium chloride down to the minimum (if any at all).

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: July 10, 2009 06:12PM

Opinion: I would use it in moderation - or not at all.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: July 10, 2009 06:46PM

Thanks.

I guess I sort of fell for some marketing pitch on it as I browsed my local health food store.

Vinny

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables