Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

whats ur opinion on sprouted grains and beans? great for u or toxic too?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 09, 2009 08:19PM

everyone seems to have a different opinion on these foods. obviously in theyre cooked state they are bad but some say in their sprouted state as well. whats ur experience? do they make u feel better or worse? what has ur research found?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: whats ur opinion on sprouted grains and beans? great for u or toxic too?
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: July 09, 2009 09:15PM

I've eaten dishes made of sprouted grains and beans over the years, but they have not really appealed to me like fresh fruit do. I mostly played with sprouting during my transitional period. After my transition, I was eating mostly fresh fruits and vegetables, but I will buy clover and alfalfa or mung bean sprouts at the store.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: July 09, 2009 09:25PM

My experience is like Bryan. For those that are not 100% raw....or in transition....they are usually fine....and quite tasty & helpful. Some have trouble digesting them.....and some long-term raw food folks don't find them appealing. If you are not having trouble with them....and you feel they are right for you...then go for it!

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: CJJ ()
Date: July 09, 2009 11:49PM

I eat a fair share of quinoa sprouts because it's a quickie calorie boost on those days when I'm low on fruit in the cupboards. (Not necessarily recommending this, tho). They don't taste like much, digest just fine, but one thing to keep in mind: some websites claim that quinoa sprouts are 'very acidifying' (I've also read it the other way, too, that they're alkalinizing) so I'm not sure what the facts are...

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 10, 2009 02:09AM

I also don't really find them appealing. For a SAD-food though I've always thought of baked beans in tomatoe sauce as being decent... I'm sure they're much better again when raw.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 10, 2009 02:17PM

I don't tolerate sprouted grains or beans, so I don't eat them. Love sprouted seeds, however.

Posted by: debbietook ()
Date: July 10, 2009 04:50PM

I'm fine with both sprouted grains and pulses. They give me no digestive problems, ie tummy feels good, flat and calm after them.

A few months ago, Chang-Yu, one of the few people I knew who has brought up her children 100% raw vegan from birth, visited, with her children. They refused my persimmons, but couldn't get enough of my sprouted lentils!

Here's an article on raw, sprouted wheat:

[debbietookrawforlife.blogspot.com]

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: July 11, 2009 03:16AM

I don't really eat grains, but I sprout and eat beans every day (mung, adzuki and lentil). I like seed sprouts too, but haven't sprouted them myself in a while. I just eat them at salad bars and when my hubby brings them home from the co-op.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables