Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Too Many Seeds
Posted by: petrichor ()
Date: July 08, 2009 04:53PM

I'm still having issues, most of them I'm causing myself, but can't seem to get out of this rut. I have been craving pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds like you can't imagine. I will buy somewhere between half a cup to a full cup, soak them and then eat them all within a day, typically within a sitting (over the course of 2-4 hours as I try not to combine them with any other meals other than my dinner/salad).

I still have no cravings or desire to eat fruit, although I have been "forcing" it down, small mono-meals or juice in the early morning and again late morning, lunch is either smoothie (usually banana-mix, not watery like they should be) or vegetables/salad.

I'd say a very large portion of my calories are coming from seeds. I need to break this cycle and cut them out of my diet almost entirely, any tips?

Since I'm still struggling to get enough fruit in daily, my idea is just blend simple smoothies in the morning, 2-3 types of fruit and drink them throughout the day.. maybe that will be better for my taste. But as they often due, they may end up sitting in the fridge while I sit at my desk eating the little devil seeds that aren't allowing me to heal.

So what do you do when your digestion is extremely messed up, you know the solution to get on track and heal, but you can't seem to correct it?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Too Many Seeds
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: July 08, 2009 04:56PM

I hear you. No one is forcing you to eat fruit. Not everyone has the urge or desire to eat lots of fruit....depending on what stage they are at. If you are eating a lot of seeds, one option is to incorporate them into your salads. A juice fast of a couple of days might also break the cycle - if you are so motivated. Just a couple of suggestions.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: FrankBlack ()
Date: July 11, 2009 07:23PM

I'm sorry you are having such a tough time. Many feel that cravings are a signal from our bodies that we need something. I don't know if I agree with that 100%, but there may be some merit. In your case it may be that your body is craving fats, especially if you ate meat and dairy in the recent past. I know the Crohn's makes fats an issue, but maybe another sort of fat might help? If you have any friends who are veggie/vegan, etc., some might have a good quality Flax Seed Oil or something like Udo's Oils. They might work better in your body than other fats? Your body needs fats just like it needs protein and carbs. The average American has no issue with fats (other than too much), but a raw vegan very well may, especially one with underlying pathological issues. For all we supposedly know about the universe, we seem to know jack sh*t about nutrition and disease, eh? winking smiley

Good luck (and don't go "nuts" over this). winking smiley

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: July 11, 2009 10:24PM

The body's desires and tastes for different food changes with time. At one time I was eating 4 to 6 avocados daily. Some people would say "eeeek - to much fat" HeHe. My body slowly changed and now I don't desire nearly as many avocados. I now eat one or two a day. That the body changing from the inside out. I consider my job as a raw foodist to be a good listener of my body signals and doing my best to promptly respond.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables