Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

headache after eating fruit???
Posted by: luvyuu ()
Date: July 12, 2009 03:57AM

ok so it's more than just a headache... but i've noticed this... both with organic fruit and non organic fruit... i eat fruit... and then my stomach feels wierd i have a hard time breathing... this passes shortly and then... i have a headache... any ideas???

love laugh and dream
g

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: headache after eating fruit???
Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: July 12, 2009 04:22AM

Ok, that sounds like a serious allergy..... especially with the respiratory symptoms. I would switch to vegetables and slowly re-incorporate one fruit at a time until you determine the cause. Use the one fruit in a variety of ways before moving on to another fruit - peeled, not peeled, organic, not organic, etc. The problem could be just in the skins or from pesticides, etc. Can you list which fruits exactly that you have tried that seem to cause the problem?

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: July 12, 2009 04:50AM

I hear you. Does ALL fruit do this? All the 1000's of varieties? Take basic precautions (as plainlydressed said) - but it sounds like regular detox to me. In any event, if fruit does not agree with you....that's cool....switch to other things.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: July 13, 2009 02:09AM

ok so far it's happened with grapes... and watermelon... and bananas give me heart burn... i've gotten cherries and peaches for tomorrow so we'll see about those... do you think red bananas might be better than yellow???

love laugh and dream

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: July 13, 2009 04:05PM

No....red bananas will probably be the same. You can also try eating a fruit just singly.....and not with other foods or liquid...to see the reaction.

Note: Many poor eaters....or earlier transitioners....make eating assumptions/rules based on their current state. Many healthy foods cause 'negative' reactions in such people....like headaches.....diarhea...nausea....etc....which pass as time goes on....and their body adjusts to healthier eating.

I've had folks make blanket statements to me like "I cannot eat any fruit", which just sounds odd! Heh...heh. Like they CAN tolerate pizza....but CAN'T tolerate an apple! Heh...heh. But I DO know that each person needs to eat the raw foods that are comfortable for them on THEIR stage of transition.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2009 04:06PM by davidzanemason.

Date: July 13, 2009 08:24PM

I know what you mean... a guy in france tried to argue with me that vegetables aren't good for you... i think the confused look on my face ended the argument before it started... but i know when you are used to a SAD Diet vegetables can make you not feel so good...

i think my reaction to the grapes is allergic... the watermelon i'll have to try again... cherries today didn't do so bad and the peach though it was mealy didn't react but i just feel like i have a lot of sourness going on in my belly now... like i wanna eat some crackers or bread to sop up the acids or something... maybe the fruits are too acid for me

i pretty much eat everything singly... i'm starting to think i will just eat lettuce and cucumbers...it's all that sounds good...

i've been in transition for about a year now...

love laugh and dream

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables