Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

High potassium levels
Posted by: Tadey ()
Date: July 11, 2009 10:20PM

Told my potassium level is too high. What raw foods are low in potassium

Mom of Tadey

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High potassium levels
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 11, 2009 10:36PM

Tadey,

It would be easier to list foods high in potassium: animal tissue and dairy products, bananas, potatoes, apricots, dried fruits(like prunes and raisins), garlic, avocado, most greens, most nuts, seaweeds, and herbs. It would be difficult to avoid these and remain raw. How raw are you, by the way? And how severe is the potassium imbalance? Too high a potassium level typically indicates only an improper ratio of potassium to magnesium and sodium, unless you are really ill somehow. The key is to get these back into balance, so if I were you, I might eliminate the animal foods(if you aren't already vegan) and cut back on some of the other foods that you eat a lot of, and see how I do.

Date: July 13, 2009 11:55PM

Found out today that my potassium level is 5.3. I am trying to be 50% raw but it seems that there is a lot of potassium in fruits and vegetables. Also trying to keep my calories at 1,000 per day or less. Started at 197 (two weeks ago) and am down to 185 today.

Mom of Tadey

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 14, 2009 12:15AM

Tadey,

Again, it's the ratio that matters, and if your calcium, magnesium, and sodium are off, potassium may be deployed to equalize them. If you have kidney or heart problems, this could be the cause. I don't understand the 1,000 calories or fewer; this is not enough fuel for the typical adult metabolism, but yours could be different somehow. If you are doing 50% raw but the other 50% is not nutritious food, you may not see significant health benefits. I hope that the rest of your dietary intake is high in plant proteins, and cooked vegetables, as opposed to animal products. Not pushing the vegan agenda, here, Tadey: all animal products are very acidifying and this can provoke the sort of mineral imbalance you are experiencing. This is one of the reasons why meat-eaters develop heart problems but vegetarians typically don't. It isn't the potassium in fruits and vegetables that's the problem, unless consuming lots of fruits and vegetables got you into this imbalance, right? My feeling about health problems is that you must eliminate what's wrong and replace it with what's right. You seem to be doing this by switching part of your diet to raw; good for you. I wish you luck. Hopefully someone else will chime in with better advice : )

Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: July 14, 2009 10:52AM

maybe you could try adding a little sea salt to a glass of water and drinking it in the mornings? David Wolfe is very enthusiastic about this at the moment, keeps on about electrolytes etc... just a thought... I drink a glass of sole every morning. [www.wealdennaturalhealth.com]
you could also make sure you're getting enough greens, in salads,smoothies, and juices.

Date: July 14, 2009 09:25PM

What is sole?

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 14, 2009 09:36PM

if you click on the link lisa posted it tells you about it but here is a copy smiling smiley

Power of Sole (Sol-ay)
• The sole supplies the body with the natural energy stored in the crystals which the body can hold for up to 24 hours.

• Can neutralise the alkaline/acidity balance in the body and normalise blood pressure.

• Can dissolve and eliminate impurities and built up toxins which lead to stones and various forms of rheumatism like arthritis and kidney and gall bladder stones.

• Can lower the craving for addictive desires.

The mixture of water and crystal salt, called "Sole" (so-lay), is the most flexible physical representation of pure solar and light energy. When water and this salt come together they become a different product, Sole.

Sole Solution with tea spoon measurement.

The word sole, is derived from the Latin word "sol", which means sun. Sole is nothing but the fluid materialization of sunlight. Sole means fluid sunlight or fluid light energy.

When water combines with salt the positive ions of the salt surround the negative ions of the water molecules and vice versa. The ions become hydrolyzed. In this process the geometrical structure of the salt and the water is changed and a totally new structure is formed, a third dimension. Water is no longer water and salt is not longer salt.

The crystalline structure of the salt, which has formed from great pressure over millions of years makes the salt organic and absorbable for the body.

The structure also contains nature's resonant frequency that is very profound with the vibration pattern lasting for over 24 hours in our bodies. The body requires this energy and vibration pattern when disease is present.

Every morning, take one teaspoon of sole mixed in a glass of good quality artesian or spring water. Drink this on an empty stomach before taking breakfast. The amount of water is up to you, but you only need one teaspoon of sole for your daily intake. The regularity is important. From a bio-chemical viewpoint, within minutes, the whole stomach and intestines are being stimulated. This in turn encourages digestion and metabolism.

The overall availability of electrolytes is built up and thus the conductivity in the body is increased, which in turn stimulates circulation and the nervous system.

Balance the Body's pH Factor and Get Rid of Heavy Metals
The sole is an excellent product for balancing the pH environment of your body. Sole will break down the build up of heavy metals such as lead, mercury, arsenic, amalgam and calcium. For the body to get rid of these deposits it has to first metabolize them. Even animal proteins, which are difficult to break down and eliminate, will be eliminated through the urine due to the strong structural formation of the crystal salt. Always support this action with water intake of 8 to 10 glasses a day.

Preparation of Sole
1. Place several Himalayan Crystal Salt stones in a glass container and add high quality spring water until full.

2. After approximately 24 hours, look to see if the salt crystals have completely dissolved.

If so, add a few more crystals. When the water can no longer dissolve any more salt, the salt crystals will sit at the bottom of the jar without dissolving.

At this point the solution becomes saturated at 26%, which is stable and ready for consumption.

3. Take 1 teaspoon of the 26% solution in a glass of water every morning before breakfast.

NOTE: The glass container can be refilled again and again with water and salt, to continue the process .

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables