Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

How do we know how many nutrients?
Posted by: Lizard ()
Date: July 14, 2009 03:36PM

I've been wondering lately about nutrients. Like, how do we know that we are getting all of our nutrients? What are they/where do they come from? I've been transitioning to raw for over a year now, and at first I was primarily consentrating on just eating raw and being healthier. Now that I've progressed, I feel I'm ready to start transitioning a bit harder and committing myself to getting more nutrients. Problem is that I don't know how much I really need of what. Normally I just listen to my body, and feel pretty good most days doing that, but I don't want to end up deficient in anything. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I eat a variety of everything, I just really try to watch the fat because of my IBD. So typically I'll eat sweet fruit to start the day, and I go as long as I can on that until I start to crave salad. Then I'll eat veggies and drink green juices for the rest of the day. I don't count calories, I just eat until I'm satisfied.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How do we know how many nutrients?
Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: July 14, 2009 04:00PM

I would say relax.
If you are eating a variety of the living foods of the Earth,nature will take care of the rest.
How could it be otherwise?

Thats my viewpoint.

Vinny

Posted by: Lizard ()
Date: July 14, 2009 04:17PM

Yeah, I do need to relax. I've realized how paranoid I am about everything. Thank you, I did need thatsmiling smiley

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: July 14, 2009 04:43PM

Lizard

I've been wondering lately about nutrients. Like, how do we know that we are getting all of our nutrients?

The nutrients in cooked food are damaged and so you can be assured that your not getting your nutrients there.

The nutrients in raw foods are live and intact as nature made them so thats where you can get your nutrients.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 14, 2009 05:11PM

Exactly. Throwing a load of milk and coke and hamburgers in your diet isn't going to magically make up all your nutrients, it'll make it FARRR worse.

It's insane, but it's rooted in understandable concepts. We're evolved to be able to eat anything that tasted good... that's not true anymore. Yes raw food tastes better than processed food, however when you become hooked on processed food it can (fool you) taste good as well.

And secondly we see others eating different foods. It's as though we're LIMITING foods. We're not LIMITING anything, the processed foods shouldn't exist in the first place. You may as well say we're limiting our heroin intake... no, we're just not hooked on it in the first place. Just because nearly everyone else does it... don't fall into the trap of doing the same as them just because. Again, in evolution it would seem that if mother eats it and father eats it and sister eats it etc. that it must be good... but after seeing and having evidence for that it does, we know better than that!!!!

EZ rider Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> LizardI've been wondering lately about nutrients.
> Like, how do we know that we are getting all of
> our nutrients?
>
> The nutrients in cooked food are damaged and so
> you can be assured that your not getting your
> nutrients there.
>
> The nutrients in raw foods are live and intact as
> nature made them so thats where you can get your
> nutrients.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2009 05:12PM by SuperInfinity.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 14, 2009 08:59PM

Lizard,

Good for you! Listening to your body is virtually failproof, but the only way to know for sure that you aren't deficient is comprehensive bloodwork. We don't always get the signals our body sends us and I say, better safe than sorry.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: July 15, 2009 12:08AM

For that part of you that is asking these troubling question, ask it where nutrients come from on the SAD diet? With SAD, one takes fresh raw whole produce, and cooks and processes it to death, effectively rendering useless vitamins, minerals, fiber, water, and phytonutrients. What is left are empty calories.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables