Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Frickin' cavities
Posted by: CJJ ()
Date: July 15, 2009 01:55AM

Arg! I was informed today that I have a cavity in my wisdom tooth. (It's my 4th cavity ever so not that bad, but still no party.

On the plus-side I'm getting my remaining two mercury amalgams out and replaced.

I'd love some inspiration from this experience - do any of you long term raw foodies find that your teeth stop turning against you? I'd love to get the rest of these suckers on my side

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Frickin' cavities
Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: July 15, 2009 02:49AM

I wonder how Dentists view raw food versus cooked food from a dental perspective ?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 15, 2009 03:04AM

EZ rider Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I wonder how Dentists view raw food versus cooked
> food from a dental perspective ?

All I know is my dentist is going to have a hernia next time I see him... >_<

Posted by: TroySantos ()
Date: July 15, 2009 10:16AM

There's a guy named Robert Wynman who used to be a dentist. He's retired now. He is a raw foodist, following Natural Hygiene. He's got a website that I found pretty darned useful. Here's the link www.wynman.com At the very least read the interview he did in 1994 with Chet Day for Health and Beyond Newsletter.

I've got quite a story with my own mouth but I won't go into that again.

I bought the toothbrush he recommends. He says they're the best dental instrument ever. I just got mine and so have only used it once. There's a technique involved too. I got a booklet that explains how to do the technique. Doesn't seem so hard. The brushes are a couple of bucks each, but since they last for years and years, I don't see that they're in the least expensive. The booklet is tiny. Says flossing isn't necessary if you use this toothbrush. And that flossing is actually harmful.

I've also been using a waterpik recently.

Troy.

This way is not compatible with Zen practice. This way IS Zen practice. - Dr. Doug Graham

Nothing whatsoever should be attached to. - Buddha

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: July 15, 2009 10:58AM

how come you have wisdom teeth??

i had mine out at 10

No problems 100% fruitarian..was getting problems eating high fat though..I use electric brush..thats all

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 15, 2009 03:28PM

Troy do you have a link to the brush im wondering if it was one that was recommended to me a while back but nobody i knew had used it smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: TroySantos ()
Date: July 15, 2009 11:23PM

Yeah Jodi, here's a link.

[www.ppnf.org]

The brushes and other products are not easy to find. You have to go to the book store then click on health products.

These things only cost $2.50 each. If they really do last for years (because of the case that you put the brush into after each use), as Robert Wynman says, then, hey, they're cheaper than any other. And, if, as the booklet says, flossing really isn't necessary if you use the brush and do the technique, then, shoot, you save time and dough.

They were developed by a dentist named Joseph E. Philips. They were called Periodontal Health Brush and sold by PHB Inc. Sometime later the rights were handed over to the Price-Pottenger Nutrition Foundation. Now they're called Blotting toothbrushes. PPNF also sells something similar called Rx Ultra Suave Blotting Brush.

You're not supposed to brush in any conventional way. The technique is called Blotting Technique. Also developed by Dr. Philips. There are three parts to this technique. First is to get the bristles between the teeth and gums, then swipe up for the bottom teeth, and down for the top teeth. Then to tap the brush between the teeth from both the tongue side and the cheek side. Then bite gently on the brush to get the chewing surfaces clean. The bristles are much smaller than most toothbrushes so they get into the cracks of teeth that we don't even know about.

Ya know Jodi, I suppose I can call myself a banana eating buddhist too!

This way is not compatible with Zen practice. This way IS Zen practice. - Dr. Doug Graham

Nothing whatsoever should be attached to. - Buddha

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 15, 2009 11:28PM

ahh yes very cool it is the same things i was looking at before smiling smiley well im excited to hear about your experiment with them, keep me posted !

hehe you can call yourself a banana eating buddhist for sure ! =D

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables