Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Is Marjoram Safe?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 16, 2009 06:58AM

Anyone know about any potential negative effects of eating 100G + of Dried Marjoram a day? Thats around a cup or twos worth i think. Would it be just like eating spinach or collard greens? or different?
ALso, how absorbable is the calcium in marjoram?
Thanks!
peacelove.
Phil

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is Marjoram Safe?
Posted by: debbietook ()
Date: July 16, 2009 09:38AM

My rule of thumb is...do you really enjoy the taste of that much marjoram? Or are you mixing it with other things to disguise the taste? If so, that would be an indication that it's too much, and not an ideal food for your body.

I enjoy a little, but wouldn't eat it as 'greens'.

As to how absorbable the calcium is, I wouldn't know - unless marjoram has a high level of oxalic acid (not sure), wouldn't have thought there would be a problem.

Many Natural Hygienists think we shouldn't ingest herbs full stop. But, although I am 'of the NH persuasion' I do use herbs as flavourings.

You might find this article of interest:

[debbietookrawforlife.blogspot.com]

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: July 16, 2009 12:25PM

ick.. why would you eat it??

no need to supplement

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 16, 2009 01:51PM

I would use marjoram sparingly as an herb(it has an interesting flavor, rawdanceruk); it's not really a green the way that lettuces are. It doesn't have specific medicinal properties, but even in cultures where it's consumed in large amounts; like north Africa and the Middle East, it isn't eaten in gimungous salads or anything. There must be a reason why.

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: July 16, 2009 02:22PM

i try not to use any herbs or seasonings. Whatever works for you smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables