Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

My first big CRASH !! *sob sob*
Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: July 20, 2009 09:20PM

Well, confession is good for the soul, right? *sigh* I'm PMS'ing big time, which always makes me RAVENOUS !!! Pizza is one of my favorite "bad" foods and I was strong enough to resist it yesterday at our family birthday party....along with the ice cream cake! BUT........ *sigh* ......... we had a drug rep lunch today and it was from PIZZA HUT !!!!!!! (my absolute FAVORITE pizza!!) I could barely stand it... 2 days in a row!!!!!!! I survived lunch and ate my gigantic green smoothie and was doing ok. But all my co-workers insisted that I take left-overs home to my son and husband..... BIG MISTAKE !! I would have been ok if I had not gone back downstairs to fetch some leftovers. *sigh*

Driving home in the car, I was so hungry and the pizza smelled sooooo good, that I finally caved and didn't eat just ONE piece, but ALL 3 PIECES !!!!!!!!! *gulp*

Thank goodness that I have a wonderfully understanding husband, because he pretended to be all hurt (in between fits of laughter) that I ate his supper. *LOLOL*

Oh well. Guess all I can do is laugh about it and move on. Tomorrow is a new day. I'm actually quite proud of myself for lasting as long as I did, and I intend to continue for sure. Just had to "vent" to my support group here. =)

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My first big CRASH !! *sob sob*
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: July 20, 2009 09:42PM

pd....I think you're doing just Great. Most people think
it's okay to eat pizza....WY
P.S. Nip it in the bud.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 20, 2009 09:47PM

Awww... you poor woman!!!

It's okay, it's bound to happen sometimes. Even people who've been fruitarians for years can find themselves in a situation where they just have to eat fast and the food looks very good to them. Then they think over or write down why it happened.

Well I think you're more experienced than me, but you know I had a crash yesterday as well!! I'm doing fine today though... so chin up. Remember there are people out there that eat 50%+ bad foods and yet often live for years and years and don't do too bad at all!!!! So 98% is basically as good as 100%... just always aim for 100% smiling smiley

Confessions ARE good, it's good to get it all out there, not to hide it away. That's what confessions have always been about. Tomorrow you can start afresh. smiling smiley Just remember to continue eating your fruit and veg more than ever... and don't be tempted to crash again tomorrow!!! Then everything will be fine again. We could have a competition to see who breaks it first. winking smiley

PS: How long did you last this time?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2009 09:50PM by SuperInfinity.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: July 20, 2009 10:26PM

My experience with raw has shown me that there is a lot of difference between all raw and high raw. The analogy that comes to mind is drinking water. If your drinking water is 2% polluted it will look, smell, and taste bad compared to clean water. You can definitely tell the difference when you get the diet cleaned up all the way.

Sorry to hear about your crash. I just had a big one too but I'm back on track and learned some valuable lessons from the experience: [www.rawfoodsupport.com] . I started taking notes immediately after my slip. The notes that stuck with me the most were the ones about how I felt physically and mentally following the slip. If you notice any discomforts take note of them as thats your body trying to tell you something. Watch out for the next couple of days for cravings that are stronger and more persistent then they were before your slip. Good luck.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 20, 2009 11:00PM

I agree with EZ rider, but I also think, "good lord, woman, you ate a pizza, you didn't burn down an orphanage!" You seem to be really on-the-ball with your raw regimen. Your posts indicate ever increasing confidence and knowledge. Only you can know whether these occasional cheats will veer you off course permanently, but remember that a lot of people thrive on 75% raw or high raw or raw most of the time or what have you. There are worse things than eating three pieces of pizza--eating three pieces of pizza routinely for the rest of your life along with other crap. Keep doing what you are doing right, and feel good about it, and gradually, you'll achieve whatever you wish to : )

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 21, 2009 01:37AM

Tamukha Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I agree with EZ rider, but I also think, "good
> lord, woman, you ate a pizza, you didn't burn down
> an orphanage!"

How do you know she didn't burn down an orphanage? Maybe she did burn down an orphanage and then felt bad about it and that's why she crashed later...? lol, sorry. tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: July 21, 2009 12:57PM

Awww shucks SI, you found me out!! *sigh* LOL

Thanks to EVERYONE for your kind words of support and encouragement. I knew I could rely on all of you to boost my spirits. Feeling much better today and armed with 3 giant green smoothies and fresh fruit for my long day/night at work. Feeling stronger today and more sure of myself.

Thank you all SOOOOOOO much. =)
{{{Hugs}}

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: July 21, 2009 02:48PM

My favorite saying is what Rocky Balboa said in his last movie..
It doesnt matter how many times you "fall",but how many times you get back up again.

Your "fall" into pizza was eating a food that most people wouldnt give a second thought to.So if you consider it a fall,think how much further ahead you are than the average SAD folk.

Vinny

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2009 02:49PM by eaglefly.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 21, 2009 03:14PM

hehe plainlydressed did ya here the screeching tires just before the crash tongue sticking out smiley

im sure we have all been there done that winking smiley always something to learn from smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: July 21, 2009 10:44PM

pizza isn't so bad
i mean burning down an orphanage can be tremendously stressful on the various cerebral lobes and all

and i would think that a good hefty dose of cheesy oozy slices to act as a palliative for massive guilt was probably in order

good thing that no one was inside the orphange though

plainly dressed probably didn't like the architectural design of the orphanage
and it needed to be razed to the ground anyhow

she took matters into her own hand and lit the match

i would call that being pro active

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables