Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Today I quit smoking
Posted by: catnaxis ()
Date: July 21, 2009 02:03PM

I really want to do a juice fast but I know there is no point in half doing something it's all or nothing and well why do a cleanse if you are still smoking.
I woke up this morning and just didn't want one (thats a first) I have been a heavy smoker from the time I was 13 I am now 35. So far its going ok I feel a little light headed I think I might need more lemon to flush the toxins out faster.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Today I quit smoking
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 21, 2009 02:14PM

hey good for you !yea the smoking is hard to give up but once you do its a great feelin gsmiling smiley

there was a post recently about avoiding tomatoes and other nightshades while trying to quit as some of the nightshade family of plants apparently have a bit of nicotine in them .. i dont know h0w valid that is but it sure warrents some further research smiling smiley_

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: July 21, 2009 02:37PM

I thought only flowering tobacco had nicotine in it hmmmm I think I feel some research in my future thanks- Jodi

Date: July 21, 2009 02:46PM

Wow the things you learn. Jodi you were right so I must eliminate a few more foods from my diet at least for the next 4 weeks.

Date: July 21, 2009 03:23PM

well done smiling smiley think how much money you're going to save!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 21, 2009 03:50PM

Although on the other hand, you know how they have nicotine patches to help people give up smoking?

The little bit of nicotine isn't harmful at all and may help her stay off...

Jgunn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> hey good for you !yea the smoking is hard to give
> up but once you do its a great feelin gsmiling smiley
>
> there was a post recently about avoiding tomatoes
> and other nightshades while trying to quit as some
> of the nightshade family of plants apparently have
> a bit of nicotine in them .. i dont know h0w valid
> that is but it sure warrents some further research
> smiling smiley_

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: July 21, 2009 04:55PM

Woo-hooo!!!! : )

Posted by: petrichor ()
Date: July 21, 2009 05:19PM

Sounds like when I quit- sometime mid-May after 7 years of it. I was sitting out on my back porch with a glass of iced fresh orange juice, sipping and feeling pure and healthy. Then I lit up a cigarette and inhaled the nicotine, tarring up my lungs. Orange juice in the right hand and cigarette in the left, it kinda just clicked at that moment. Here I was eating all raw food and then stepping outside for cigarette breaks after meals. I quit that night, haven't had another since.

Congratulations on breaking loose and enjoy the freedom, the better health, the increased energy. No more feeling guilty around non-smokers, no more feeling uneasy and trapped during social situations. You never have to deal with any of that again. You are a non-smoker.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: July 21, 2009 06:23PM

catnaxis,
Good going. Stay the course for better health.

SuperInfinity

Although on the other hand, you know how they have nicotine patches to help people give up smoking?
The little bit of nicotine isn't harmful at all and may help her stay off...
Thats an interesting idea. Reach for a tomato instead of a cig for a nicotine fix. If I were a smoker I might experiment with that and see if it helps or not.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2009 06:33PM by EZ rider.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: July 21, 2009 06:29PM

AWESOME!

I know running/cardio workouts helped me to quit. I haven't had a cigarette in 8 years or so and never want one. It CAN be done. Stick to it. grinning smiley yay!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 21, 2009 06:38PM

so proud of you, i know it's hard.

when i quit i smoked hand rolled cigarettes of lobelia, mullein and a pinch of catnip (all herbs available from the health food store). didn't satisfy my craving for a smoke at first but by the end of week two they were actually too strong for me! i kept the herbs around for a while after that but had no desire for them after those two weeks. that's as long as it takes to break your body's dependancy on nicotene, after that it's all in the mind.

best of luck!

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 21, 2009 07:16PM

Good luck!

Date: July 21, 2009 07:25PM

Thank you all for the support and I might just try the tomato trick and see if it helps get me over any humps in the road. I also like the idea of lobelia, mullein and a pinch of catnip if it gets really bad....lol.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 21, 2009 08:46PM

yep for sure do whatever works for you smiling smiley somepeople can cold turkey it so the tomatoes and such might make it more difficult or some people need to wean off slowly so the tomatoes might help in that situation smiling smiley

whatever you do, good luck for you, its a great feeling sweeping away the chains of addiction smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: veganreikiangel ()
Date: July 22, 2009 09:46AM

congrats and good luck!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables