Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Man loses 10 stone in six months - by drinking water.
Date: July 22, 2009 05:20PM

Man lost 10 stone by drinking water and vitamin powder.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Idris Lewis, 69, was told in January that if he did not lose 11 stone by the end of July, he could not have an operation on his heart and could die within a year.

Mr Lewis, a retired civil servant from Nailsea, near Bristol, suffers from a chronic lung condition and a scan 18 months ago revealed he also has an abnormal heart valve.

His doctor gave him a stark choice, he either lost the weight so he could have an operation to widen the valve, or he had a year to live.

Mr Lewis cannot eat anything - his strict diet consists of mineral water and a vitamin supplement powder.

Source: [uk.news.yahoo.com]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I really want to know what the vitamin powder was. I wonder if it was a greens-style one, or some kind of pharmaceutical concoction! Either way, it's nice to see some good PR for drinking water smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Man loses 10 stone in six months - by drinking water.
Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: July 22, 2009 05:33PM

That is impressive, & I do believe it; The problem is, when losing weight on such a strict regimen like that, 99.9% of the time it will return, & most likely with more. Unless you have incredible will power, or have experienced a miraculous spiritual change, it's going to happen.

In May, I went on the "Master Cleanse" detox for 10 days, & it was a wonderful feeling, the inner high that is achieved. However, during that time, living with "food eaters", I was craving food pretty much all the time.

Long story short - I did lose 11 lbs. in 10 days, but it is all back now. My body has a certain weight that it likes to stay at, and that's the way it is for me. I did the detox simply for the cleansing benefits, but the weight drop is a nice added touch.

Here again, I suppose with increased exercise, much willpower, I could keep those extra lbs. off, but that's not me. In the article, he does mention that he has a new lifestyle/diet now, so kudos to him, may he stick with it! (And stay away from those who will try to sabotage his efforts)

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 22, 2009 05:48PM

I agree juicerkatz, and he probably suffered through a lot of torture to get to where he is now but without ever learning or getting his body to understand how to eat right. It's NOT a healthy way of doing it, unlike just adopting a raw diet.

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: July 22, 2009 06:23PM

Yeah, I bet it was torture, but he is a better man for it today, for sure. Plain fasts like that are very demanding on the body/mind/spirit, it is always a test of wills.

If possible, I would have opted for a more reasonable weight loss strategy; Something like what he used is hard on the body physically, and I am wondering why his doctor didn't advise him of a better plan.

The doc may not know about raw food, but there are many nutritionists, weight loss clinics, etc. that would have probably been a healthier choice, and easier/more enjoyable for him.

Posted by: roadrunner ()
Date: July 23, 2009 12:18AM

Fasting heals, I wonder if the fast healed the lung and heart condition or at least made significant improvements? The article never mentioned that.

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: July 23, 2009 07:42AM

amazing stuff

not the best idea..but surely better then early death!!

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: July 23, 2009 11:50AM

I imagine that if a doctor is recommending such a drastic diet, the man was in pretty bad shape to begin with.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables