Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

calcuim and nails
Posted by: Hellokitty ()
Date: July 27, 2009 06:15PM

I have another question for anyone who may know. Ive never had strong fingle nails. Even though I take calcuim then still bend. They also seem to break when they get long. Is this a sign my body doenst abosrb calcium?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: calcuim and nails
Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: July 27, 2009 07:12PM

The body absorbs the natural calcium as it occurs when it becomes one with the plant. when the calcium is integrated into the pants structure it is in a condition know as bio-available meaning that it is "organized" in a way that the body readily recognizes it as food and it is supported by the nutrients that are needed to help assimilate it. Natures takes care of all that of that for us. If you have been buying inorganic supplement pills you may want to switch to natures plan and get your calcium from plants.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 27, 2009 07:14PM

Hellokitty,

What's your nail hygiene like? Do you wear polish? Nails are not calcium dependent so much as keratin dependent. Keratin is manufactured from a certain sequence of amino acids found most commonly in animal tissue. This is why my mother and her generation were advised to eat lots of gelatin; it was believed this amino combo synthesized in the human body more easily into keratin. But you can still manufacture keratin from a good, varied raw diet. Your doc should be able to look at your nails and determine whether they show something wrong, or whether it's just your nail polish wearing the nails down. This might help:[healthlibrary.epnet.com]

Posted by: Hellokitty ()
Date: July 27, 2009 09:33PM

Thanks guys that is a good web page Tamukha.

I don't wear nail polish as i work in Godiva and it’s for hygiene that we are not allowed, but I do work with harsh chemicals like sanitizers. My nails have never been hard but I notice them stating to break and flake when I am working.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables