Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

green smoothie skeptic no more!!!
Posted by: luvyuu ()
Date: July 27, 2009 07:55PM

ok... so i will be honest with all of you... the green smoothie idea did not sound good to me AT ALL... and I heard all of you talking about it like it was the best thing ever... and i thought you were nuts... i've been mostly raw for a year now and I never tried it... I've made other strange brews... but never the green smoothie and this morning i just happened to have all the ingredients and a blender handy and i made one... banana blueberries spinach water and ice... and i'll tell you what... it's was pretty darned good... so i just wanted to share that with you... i am no longer a skeptic...

love laugh and dream

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: green smoothie skeptic no more!!!
Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: July 27, 2009 07:59PM

This is me running in circles and doing the happy dance for you!!! =) YAY !! =)

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: July 27, 2009 08:55PM

Yeah, I know it doesn't sound that appealing to most people - At first, my friends/family made fun of me drinking "Spinach milkshakes", but after they tried them they were singing a different tune!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 27, 2009 09:34PM

i tell EVERYBODY about this spinach fruit smoothie and every single person who tries it, kids included, LOVES IT!!! it's amazing. amazing. so healthy, gives such a boost in the morning, just wonderful.

Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: July 28, 2009 02:50AM

I know just what you mean. I spent the weekend visiting my brother and sis-in-law out of town and had asked her ahead of time to have various produce handy for me. While she fixed meals for my husband and everyone else, I was busy blending up that nasty-looking green stuff that produced plenty of disgusted remarks and lots of teasing. *grin* If ONLY they would taste it.... Thankfully hubby always drinks my smoothie remnants every morning when they don't fit into my glass jars, so he was defending my creative "meals." He tells people - "if I didn't actually SEE what she puts in there, I'd NEVER try the stuff, but it's actually very GOOD!!" =) YAY HUBBY !!! =)

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 28, 2009 03:10AM

good stuff Luvuyuu now you can add this to your healing repetoire smiling smiley

very cool plainlydressed that your hubby sticking up for you smiling smiley nice !

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: July 28, 2009 11:52AM

plainlydressed Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I know just what you mean. I spent the weekend
> visiting my brother and sis-in-law out of town and
> had asked her ahead of time to have various
> produce handy for me. While she fixed meals for
> my husband and everyone else, I was busy blending
> up that nasty-looking green stuff that produced
> plenty of disgusted remarks and lots of teasing.
> *grin* If ONLY they would taste it....
> Thankfully hubby always drinks my smoothie
> remnants every morning when they don't fit into my
> glass jars, so he was defending my creative
> "meals." He tells people - "if I didn't actually
> SEE what she puts in there, I'd NEVER try the
> stuff, but it's actually very GOOD!!" =) YAY
> HUBBY !!! =)

Cool! It is so great to have a supportive spouse, sounds like you got a keeper! winking smiley

It is difficult to "digest" all the little jabs/remarks/snickers/raised eyebrows, etc, but I am working at it. I actually used to be more tolerant, I find myself having a shorter fuse lately about it. Must be a phase I am going through...

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 28, 2009 12:41PM

This thread just puts a big ol' smile on my face, and is sending me off to the kitchen to make a kale, cucumber, and blueberry smoothie : )

juicerkatz,

I think the further into your personal truth you get, the harder it is to tolerate the untruths of others' ways of seeing things. Just remember that everyone has their own stuff to deal with, and that you are very lucky to serve as a good example by the way you are living your life.

Date: July 28, 2009 05:48PM

"juicerkatz,

I think the further into your personal truth you get, the harder it is to tolerate the untruths of others' ways of seeing things. Just remember that everyone has their own stuff to deal with, and that you are very lucky to serve as a good example by the way you are living your life.

This is very true; Sometimes I just want to grab a friend or family member by the shoulders & give them a good shake! (and a green shake too!)

I'm thinking to myself, why don't you get it?!?! Everyone is different, I have to keep reminding myself of that. For me personally, it took very little time for me to "see the light". I was won over by a Jay Kordich presentation where he was selling those horrible juicers.

I didn't jump on board fully at that time, but I am the type to really dig in & do research/study, so it didn't take very long for me at all. Then, when I came across Dr. Lorraine Day's story of tragedy & triumph, I was thoroughly convinced! [www.drday.com]

Much kudos to all who have made the switch & continue to lead others! God Bless!!!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 28, 2009 06:21PM

i think it gets hard to take the little jabs because they are delivered with the intention of being pointy and painful. i don't think people realize sometimes how meanspirited "teasing" really is. it certainly isn't designed to make someone feel Good about themselves, is it? pointless criticism gets a rise out of me too.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: July 28, 2009 08:19PM

Yum! I do green banana whips sometimes, too, but I get cold after eating that! smiling smiley

Posted by: fiddler1 ()
Date: July 29, 2009 02:21PM

Just tried this recipe I read somewhere here last week.
One mango chopped in the blender and a couple of handfuls of spinach. A little water until you get the consistency you would like. Delish!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables