Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw Body Twins - so cute !! =)
Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: July 27, 2009 07:58PM

[www.youtube.com]

Their website: [www.therawbodytwins.com]

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw Body Twins - so cute !! =)
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 27, 2009 09:26PM

"a bit of cooked food... balance"

"we don't want to go all the way"

Hmmm... I don't approve of that. I think it's a very very slippery slope. I don't have issues with people who occasionally steam some tough, nutritious vegetables such as sweet potatoes and of course I don't have issues with people who 'slip up' or 'cheat' on occasion. But to INTENTIONALLY eat cooked food nearly every day like that... they're not really raw at all.

IMO they shouldn't be saying they're raw if they're not. Who doesn't eat salads and fruit raw??? The only difference is they probably eat a lot more raw food. And I'm sure their diet is 10X better than the SAD, but they're not really what you'd call raw, just "very healthy eaters".

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 27, 2009 09:33PM

well superinfinity i don't happen to agree with you. there are plenty of people who aim for a high level of raw but never want to be 100%. i was totally raw for long enough to know that i don't want to do it again. high raw is great for me. even Brian Clement advocates eating some cooked foods here and there. if you are sick, 100% raw is very advisable but aside from that i don't think people have to be so strict about it. i aim for excellent health, not Perfect health. i don't put that kind of pressure on myself anymore.

i think they're doing something wonderful. tons of people wouldn't touch this diet with a ten foot pole but the moderate healthful changes they promote probably reach a large audience of women in search of something doable. nice job to both of them.

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: July 28, 2009 12:27AM

I'm kinda with superinfinity on this one. The are very cute, for sure. winking smiley

But, to me they are sending mixed signals. Raw is raw, cooked is cooked. I watched several vids./youtube where they talk about cooking this & that. For someone who is considering a raw lifestyle, that can be confusing.

Friend of mine who eat the SAD diet would look at what they are doing & say, "heck I pretty much eat like that, except for meat/dairy."

I do applaud them for what they have accomplished, but still calling themselves the raw twins would lead you to think "RAW" as in all the way...

At least that is how I see it...

Date: July 28, 2009 02:47AM

YIKES !! I wasn't endorsing their personal decision for eating partly or all Raw or not. I'm sure even Matt Monarch didn't agree with them either, but he certainly gave them the respect and appreciation they deserve !! I just thought they were CUTE !! Good grief !!

For once, can we stop picking apart everyone elses' decisions and just appreciate the FEW people in the world who are taking a stand for health.... one way or the other?

I, personally, may not agree with their personal choices, but GOD BLESS 'EM for giving it a good go with WHATEVER they believe!

Sheesh !!

(And before you pick ME apart too..... YES I BELIEVE COMPLETELY IN A 100% RAW DIET !! *LOL* But I'm also smart enough to know that the SAD is taking over America and it's awesome when you see others taking the stronger path toward health, whatever steps they may be.)

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 28, 2009 03:07AM

i thought they seemed very geniune and intelligent which is i must admit is a bit refreshing from some of the fluffier folks out there promoting raw smiling smiley

very cool and who knows maybe they will go 100% someday ..or not .. *shrugs* smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: The Fruit Faery ()
Date: July 28, 2009 10:04AM

Does it really matter how a person gets introduced to eating healthy foods?

We all started somewhere.

One of the people who initially inspired me, in my opinion has now totally lost the plot and falls into the 'fluffier folks' category.

Inspiration is often all that a person requires. Its then up to them to do the research and decide how far they want to take it.
There is no right way, only your way!
people can take what they need and leave the rest.

Date: July 28, 2009 11:48AM

plainlydressed! smiling smiley

It would seem that you mistook my post, or perhaps I didn't explain myself in a good way. I meant absolutely no harm or ill will towards you or your ideals. I was only making an observation on what I saw in the vids.

No personal attack at you, no picking apart your post. It was just the way I interpreted the twins position, the way they came across to me. We all come from different backgrounds for sure, and I come from a horrible SAD lifestyle, so I suppose I could be a wee bit more tolerant.

It is just the amount of misinformation out there that is so damaging or misunderstanding to about the raw food lifestyle. I mean, if you really want to break it down, just about everyone is a "raw foodist"...that is if you are counting percentages of daily intake.

My brother, typical meat eater, wild game, hunts/fishes. but will throw a salad on the table for one of his meals. He eats 2 x a day, so that would make him a 50% raw foodist. ;( Not in my way of thinking, sorry.

It's so funny, I have so many friends/family members that come up to me & say, "But I eat just like you." Makes one wonder Why they are so sick, on several different meds, some for 40 + years.

As I said, I could maybe be a wee bit more tolerant, but all the verbal abuse from folks I have known over the years, scoffing at my lifestyle/dietary choices - it kinda adds up after awhile.

The twins are great, (especially the unmarried one!) winking smiley
But for me, I need it all raw - all or nothing. True, I didn't start out at 100% raw, but at that point I also didn't consider myself a raw foodist.

plainlydressed, I wish I could say this though;
"35 y/o male Lifetime Vegetarian (mostly vegan) - never tasted meat"

Now that is an awesome accomplishment!!! I was a meat eater (shudder) for about 30 years. sad smiley I am vegan/raw with a vengeance now! Trying to make up for lost time, I guess! winking smiley

Date: July 28, 2009 12:31PM

Juicerkatz, I'm so sorry for not quoting the post I was responding-to. I was actually responding to SI's post because I get irritated when people immediately jump on the negative and don't find the POSITIVE in others. Your post was more balanced and you even applauded the twins, and you simply voiced what we all were already thinking. I'm sorry that it sounded like it was directed toward you.

I just wish everyone would just RELAX and be thankful for the POSITIVES all around us, regardless of individual choices. =)

{{Hugs}} to all. =)

—Thomas Jefferson

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 28, 2009 12:56PM

As for me, I think that 100% raw is probably optimum, but judging by these two gorgeous, vibrant, vivid women, not necessary for serious health gains. I can see how their calling themselves "The Raw Body Twins" might lead established raw foodists to presume they're 100%. But bear in mind that this is a marketing term for their business and I bet it's a darn catchy way to get the attention of people who know nothing about this lifestyle and the intricacies of its vocabulary. These women are enthusiastically aiding people in eating more raw foods for health and for beauty. C'mon, that's great! Think of how much good they might be doing! They are using their knowledge to help others. IMO, that's the real point of living this lifestyle, or really any more evolved lifestyle: NOT slavish adherence to this or that dictum or definition.

Thanks for posting, plainlydressed. And, my, Kansas City looks looks like a nice place to visit : )

Date: July 28, 2009 05:40PM

plainlydressed, no harm done! winking smiley

I try to be very balanced & thoughtful with my posts, here & everywhere, I even re-read them at times to make sure I am coming across the right way. But as we all know in this one dimensional internet world, things can be misunderstood very easily.

W Yogi, or should I say Wheatgrass Y, winking smiley mentioned in another thread a few weeks ago of an individual with "the tact of a 10 lb. sledgehammer", lol! I very much do not want to come across in that manner, as an message I may be trying to convey will many times be lost with harsh words, & that's not me.

One thing I did want to mention about the twins, is that they kept looking at each other throughout the interview, & Matt Monarch asked them if they were "in tune" with each others thoughts, that one knew what the other was thinking;

I've been around females/sisters like that, I feel it gives them an unfair advantage!!! lol

"I can see how their calling themselves "The Raw Body Twins" might lead established raw foodists to presume they're 100%. But bear in mind that this is a marketing term for their business and I bet it's a darn catchy way to get the attention of people who know nothing about this lifestyle and the intricacies of its vocabulary. These women are enthusiastically aiding people in eating more raw foods for health and for beauty."

Very true, a great marketing strategy! I had thought the same thing! Not that they need anything that catchy with the way that they look, but with a clever title like that, coupled with a pair of gorgeous blondes, you've got the makings for a successful business model!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2009 05:41PM by juicerkatz.

Posted by: veganreikiangel ()
Date: July 29, 2009 04:59PM

Well said plainlydressed! One of the things that has always irked me are the people that act all high and mighty about being 100 percent raw as if they're somehow better. Personally I think you don't need to be so strict. You ultimately need tyo do what makes you happy. If you don't...you'll be less healthy raw or not!
plainlydressed Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> YIKES !! I wasn't endorsing their personal
> decision for eating partly or all Raw or not. I'm
> sure even Matt Monarch didn't agree with them
> either, but he certainly gave them the respect and
> appreciation they deserve !! I just thought they
> were CUTE !! Good grief !!
>
> For once, can we stop picking apart everyone
> elses' decisions and just appreciate the FEW
> people in the world who are taking a stand for
> health.... one way or the other?
>
> I, personally, may not agree with their personal
> choices, but GOD BLESS 'EM for giving it a good go
> with WHATEVER they believe!
>
> Sheesh !!
>
> (And before you pick ME apart too..... YES I
> BELIEVE COMPLETELY IN A 100% RAW DIET !! *LOL*
> But I'm also smart enough to know that the SAD is
> taking over America and it's awesome when you see
> others taking the stronger path toward health,
> whatever steps they may be.)

Posted by: tropical ()
Date: July 30, 2009 05:49AM

I think it's cool that some people set themselves up as gurus even though they are not 100%. I'm sure a lot of gurus/authors are not 100% but they don't mention it or people would have some of the same reactions people have had on this thread. So it's cool that some people are up front with the public about setting their own goals rather than pretending that they are living up to an ideal.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables