Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Extending Produce "shelf" life
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 30, 2009 12:30PM

Hi there!

I hope you all are having a happy day today and will find things of wonder and beauty and humor to enjoy.

Something I "found" at the grocery SEEMS to be working well to keep my fruits and vegetables from ripening too fast.

I have tried those green "20-bags for $9.99" (marketed with a woman's name on them) but even though they are supposed to be reusable, and I have reused them after washing and drying, they seem expensive to me because I do not always reuse each bag numbers of times.

So at the grocery this past week-end, I "found" a major brand name zip-bag manufacturer has reusable 1.25 gallon Fruit & Veggie "Fresh Extend" bags ~ 12 per box for $2.29. They aren't as dark green in color as those other bags. I've got one of the new bags containing 4 zucchinis, another is holding 2 avocados and a third, some yellow peaches. All that produce is looking and feeling very good so I would say these work.

Just thought I'd let you know as nothing aggravates me more than bringing produce home that "goes" before I can use it (hate waste).

All best wishes to you!

Gee

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Extending Produce "shelf" life
Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: July 30, 2009 02:42PM

Thanks!
I might try them.

I currently use regular zip-loc bags.
I wash all my produce,spin dry,then put loosely in the bags.
I can get at least a week from a head of romaine lettuce in my fridge.

Vinny

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables