Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

What a journey this week has been for me
Posted by: Molli ()
Date: August 08, 2009 03:19AM

I turned to a raw diet last Sunday. Over the course of this week I have read and posted quite a bit on these boards. Today, after posting about using wool and silk products for knittng and reading the responses to me, I've spent several hours reading about the mistreatment of animals that we use for meat, clothing, etc. My heart is just broken for all of the years that I have spent purchasing products that are the end result of this mistreatment. How did those of you who haven't been vegans all of your life forgive yourself? I'm so filled with remorse right now. I don't have any excuses. I can't say "I didn't know", when all I had to do was to try to educate myself about this. I'm grateful for all of the information that the posters provide on these boards. It only took me 6 days on the boards to realize how very much I need to change about my life. I wish I could apologize to all of the animals. And I've been an animal lover my entire life. I can't believe how I have lived for all these years. I am so grateful for these boards. Thank you to all of you who post and help to educate those of us who haven't educated ourselves.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What a journey this week has been for me
Posted by: byHIShands ()
Date: August 08, 2009 03:45AM

molli
i feel your heart.
god has put it in your heart to respect and have compassion for the gifts he gave us. Not everyone has been given that. that is a special thing. but remember if someone does not have a softened heart about any particular subject, they could have a softened heart about another subject that you do not. its great that we are able to share with one another. don't be so hard on your self.
christina

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 08, 2009 04:01AM

you can't be judged by what you didn't know. now that you know you are acting according to your conscience and that's more than LOTS of people do. i repeat the thougts above, don't be so hard on yourself.

here's something i like to remind myself of:
if i choose to focus on all the things that i haven't accomplished yet, my failings and shortcomings, my weaknesses and downfalls, those things recieve the sunlight and rain of my attention and they grow larger and larger in my mind.
if i instead focus on all of the things that i AM doing, things that i HAVE improved, where i am happy with myself, those things grow and grow and take over my thoughts and my being.
where do i want my conscious energy to go? is it sorrow and regret and dismay and negativity or positivity and progress and strength, kindness, love?
that isn't to say that one shouldn't acknowledge sadness and other low energy feelings, they deserve to be heard and given a hug of comfort. but to dwell there is not progressive IMO. better to live in the light.

you've made an enormous step forward in your own personal journey. take it easy on yourself and love yourself through it. it IS a journey, not a destination after all. you can expect many missteps and tons of hidden gifts along the way.

peace.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: August 08, 2009 01:05PM

Yes, it's very upsetting, and I"m glad you sought out the information, but you have to look forward and "forgive" yourself. We're all on a journey and you can be happy that you respond to the information with more compassion now.

There's a lot of encouragement in our society to NOT seek information. I don't fault anyone for not looking. However, looking away when it is shown is another thing.

Posted by: The Fruit Faery ()
Date: August 08, 2009 05:45PM

Hey Molli, can i get you a bigger stick to beat yourself with? smiling smiley
Leave it where it is,in the past!

We have all been there, most of us still probably are!
Just because people post their responses, does not mean that they all live it themselves!

Just let go and move on! Big a hug from me!

ffx

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables