Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Packaging. A waste...?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 09, 2009 10:55PM

With electronic weight scales on every checkout now, is packaging a complete waste? We can have a few plastic bags and fill up our fruit for each one of them. We can pay a small fee for each bag OR reuse our ones from last time.

All the cartons, and containers and plastic bags and labels and so on all around the place... what a waste that is and it must be terrible for the environment.

The manufacturers of the plastics obviously love it this way, they'd go bankrupt if it were changed. It's sad to think of the carbon footprint I leave every day and it's not my fault, I at least try and avoid it when I can. sad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2009 10:57PM by SuperInfinity.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Packaging. A waste...?
Date: August 09, 2009 11:02PM

there are lots of option to minimize waste if not get rid of it entirely. cotton shopping bags, smaller sized ones for bulk produce, transferring food into jars and containers at home, making as much of your own stuff as you can to avoid extra packaging, buying bulk lots (share with others if you can!). reduce first, then reuse whatever you can and finally recycle. you know what to do and you're obviously doing it. bet you come up with some great options to reduce waste in your life. it's my belief that every little positive thing we do contributes to general positivity and affects others around us when they see us at it.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: August 09, 2009 11:04PM

I do what coco does, but I am also lucky that in my municipality, all clear plastic produce boxes and bags are recycled. It pays to have a mayor who's a greenie : )

Date: August 10, 2009 12:10AM

My family bought reusable produce bags. They have the tare written on them for the people at checkout. :]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables