Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

overactive thyroid
Posted by: Lara_Hastings ()
Date: August 08, 2009 08:03AM

I have a question, does anyone here know if it is ok to go raw with an overactive thyroid? I have been diagnosed with that, it isn't that severe. But still, I have a hard time gaining weight and may easily get problems with my stomach. It's like I have a nervous stomach very often. When I was only three days on raw, I lost like 6 pounds.

Now I wonder if I go on raw, maybe I have to be extra careful, and eat more foods that are high in fat and protein than what is recommended for raw foodists to make it? I don't want to end up looking like a skeleton. Maybe i should like eat more avocados and coconuts?

I also wonder if raw diet may in the long run help my glands to normalize a bit? But I don't see that happening, actually I'm afraid that it could make my metabolism to go even faster.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: overactive thyroid
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: August 08, 2009 02:03PM

Lara_Hastings,

The raw food diet is a good cure for what ails you because disorder, regardless of its nature, is a sign of biodysfunction, which a clean natural diet allows the body to correct. Think of it as a drooping plant: feed and water it well, and it rights itself.

Remember that it is typical on raw foods to lose weight initially, even if one is already slim. This is because, slim or not, there are toxins stored in tissues that must be expelled, and the body must metabolize stored fat, which holds toxins, to do this. It is not typical, once this process is complete and one is intaking the right sorts of nutrients and fewer toxins and other things that can saturate tissues as metabolic waste, for one to remain pin thin. If you consume enough calories and move around enough to build and maintain muscle mass, chances are you will not become skeletal. Consuming cooked foods or high fat foods may slow down or even stop the process of clearing out your system, but perhaps not. So use your judgment about your body, read its signals, and proceed as you wish. Good luck : )

Re: overactive thyroid
Posted by: joewood ()
Date: August 10, 2009 10:14AM

Hi Lara,

There is an article in this month's magazine from Hallelujah Acres about a woman who was diagnosed with Graves Disease. She adopted the diet which is 85% raw & did not take any of the medical route & is free of thyroid problems for 3yrs now. I know we are all different so I hope this helps.

The website is hacres.com. I'm not sure if they have the magazine online though. Good luck to you.

Joe

Love is patient, love is kind, it is not self-seeking, love ALWAYS protects,always endures. (1corinthians 13)

God IS love!! (1john4)
Jesus Christ...... The ONLY way to Heaven.
I am the Way, the Truth & the Life..(John 14:6)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables