Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw For Life: The Ultimate Encyclopedia of the Raw Food Lifestyle
Posted by: thenewguy ()
Date: August 11, 2009 03:10PM

Hi Everyone,

I watched this 2 DVD set over the last couple of days. It's pretty good. Has anyone seen it?

There are a couple of Dr's that speak and some other experts. However, some of the references that people make in it as "facts" aren't really facts... more anecdotal accounts, but I'll get over it. smiling smiley

There's one lady who made a comment that really hit home for me. I'm paraphrasing but it was something like this: "Eating raw is an instinct. If you were stuck on an island, with no food, and both a dead cow and a basket of apples washed up on shore, instinctively you would grab the apples. You would not pounce on the dead cow like other meat eating animals."

Granted, since we are educated, some of the decision making would be based on freshness, cleanliness and preparation issues, but I got the point.

There was also a lady referencing our DNA similarity to chimps. She then presented their diet as an example of how we should eat. (mostly fruits and green stuff) She said that 5% of their diet was made up of insects. If you research it a little, you'll find that it's insects as well as MEAT from birds, smaller primates and other mammals, plus bird eggs. Again, her point really was to eat more greens.

There are also a lot of recipes that are covered. I didn't watch all of those.

See ya,
Bill

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables